Phoenix Rising

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Derhey, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the new HTGAM site? Sounds like they are renamed to Phoenix Artisan. I have never tried HTGAM or Synergy but have heard good things. I think I will try a few out but wondered if anyone here had a favorite HTGAM scent. Here is a listing of their new shave soap line:

Oakmoss & Sage
    Cavendish
    Gondolier
    Maple, Vanilla, and Nutmeg
    Speakeasy
    Ciderhouse 5
    CaD (barbershop)
    The Beach
    Pumpk'n
    Black Tea

I really want to try Gondolier (rose, jasmine, juniper, and cedar), but Cavendish sounds awesome as well as Speakeasy (rose, sage, bergamot, citrus, wood, and Amber). Once again, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

sounds like all the same scents and they do make a good product, but the recent scandal has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths

synth and KnockOut Shave like this.
  3. richgem

looks like they also raised the prices

synth likes this.
  4. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Good for him I guess trying to make a fresh start, but at this point I will spend my money elsewhere.

ps1160 and fram773 like this.
  5. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Huh...are his products good quality?

6. richgem

I think the scents tend to be on the light side, but they are solid performers imho.

7. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

8. richgem

Happy to help.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Please keep this thread on topic, which is, what is your favorite scent? If you can't answer that question in a positive mannner, find another thread where you can be more helpful.

SRNewb likes this.
  10. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out RazorBurn...I started this thread to find out the best scent and confirm the quality of product.

Bama Samurai, Sara-s and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. trader ron

trader ron Well-Known Member

I love Cavendish. One of my favorite scents. If you like the smell of sweet pipe tobacco, you will like this. CaD is another hit for me.
    They are very easy to lather and offer good protection. I recommend them.

Bama Samurai and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I really like the Gondolier scent. It's classy and my wife likes it, too.

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

My wife and I enjoy the Gondolier scent. The Synergy Soap is outstanding.

14. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I have Cavendish on a stick. It's very good.

15. dfoulk

dfoulk Active Member

Go for the stuff that was made by PPF instead of the HGTAM stuff as it's far superior. Coconut, speakeasy, black tea, malbolge, sandlewood, cucumber, Ciderhouse 5, etc.

Omelmad likes this.
  16. synth

synth Member

I only tried the beach. The scent was horrible IMO and gave everyone in my house a headache. The lather was thin, airy, & unstable. I hear others have better results with it than I did. I hope you also do better than me.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. dfoulk

dfoulk Active Member

There's HGTAM soaps and PPF soaps are mixed on the site now. The Beach is a former HGTAM soap. PPF soaps are hands down way, way better soaps and some of the very best I've tried. I'm not fond of the former HGTAM stuff either. Do try one of the following because these are the former PPF soaps: Coconut, Speakeasy, Black Tea, Malbolge, Sandlewood, Cucumber, Ciderhouse 5.

18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I love sandalwood this is good to know

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

In my recent order from Maggards, I got a small puck of PPF Sandalwood. The scent seems to be very good and the test lather worked well producing a nice slick cream. I will try it on one of my shaves this week. In the same order, I picked up a Catie's Bubbles Sandalwood. The scent of the Catie's is much more muted than the PPF but provided a very pleasing shave this morning.

Clint

20. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i also prefer the PPF soaps vs the synergy...i ended up selling all the htgam soaps i had right after i got them...the PPF i still use (prefer the black tea scent).