Pic's New Lather Bowl, For Me I Like This Size Bowl.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Bill G, May 8, 2017.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2098.JPG IMG_2093.JPG IMG_2089.JPG

I have several Lather bowls that I have collected over the years. I really like a few of them and a few I don't (will donate those to the goodwill or another shaver that wants them). For me and my style I like this style and type of Lather bowl. This one appealed to me I saw it on etsy.com and the price was right so I grabbed it $18.00

Will fit in hand nicely 4 3/4" wide by 2" tall.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

Spud, brit, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy nice. I like the colors too.

Bill G and Spyder like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    If I were a bowl latherer, I think I would like that one. Shoot, I like it anyhow. What I mean is, I bet it works great.:happy088:

crackstar, RyX and Bill G like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very nice bowl! Amazing what a little texture does to assist in incorporating air into wet soap.

Bill G and Screwtape like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Nice looking bowl for $18. If I didn't have a Lenox bowl that Herself bought me for Christmas, I would take a flyer on that :)
    But I value domestic tranquility, not to mention I have difficulty sleeping with one eye open:D

Bill G likes this.
  6. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

IMG_2100.JPG IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2104.JPG
    I also got the matching soap dish today for my pre shave soap bar. I keep it next to my lather bowl on my counter.

Happy Shaves To All,
    Bill G

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

They look like they would stack well, soap dish on top of bowl?

Bill G likes this.
  8. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

IMG_5033.JPG IMG_5032.JPG IMG_5035.JPG IMG_5037.JPG

The Lather Bowl came in from esty.com today. It ended up being more of a copper brown with sort of a powder blue stripe not like the orange and white in my original pic's from esty.com. Well to my surprise I love the color and think I like it better. Goes to show a camera can take or make things look diffrent. I am very pleased with the quality and design of Doug Smith Pottery on this Lather Bowl.

I love it.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Jorvaljr, crackstar and RyX like this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'm not a collector of bowls but I have one from Sarah Bonnyman Pottery in Nova Scotia. I love that part of the shave and therefore I'm not a face latherer.

RyX and Bill G like this.
  10. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Very nice.

Bill G likes this.