Picture support

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by PLANofMAN, Aug 5, 2022.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I was just trying to help you out.

It happens that I do agree with you, and the lack of photo support is probably one of the reasons this forum has stayed small. Maybe start a thread at the help desk? Or ask why it can't be done?
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/forums/the-help-desk.78/

If it aggressively compressed the pictures, it could cut down on the bandwidth, which in turn would save the forum money in the long run. JoAnna @Queen of Blades should run this by @sparky5693
    ____________^^^_______________
    Figured I ought to post this here from another thread. It's a good idea.

Paul Turner and Queen of Blades like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have never had a problem posting a picture here. Sometimes, I have to reduce the size, but it’s not difficult.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

If I'm on my PC, I just reduce the size using Gimp, after editing it, also using Gimp. On my phone, I use Tapatalk to access this forum and it automatically reduces the image.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    In previous posts I recommended a size reducing app, or a forum image host like www.imgbb.com

I don't know anything about forum software, so I don't know the difficulty or cost involved. If it's a simple plug-in, I see no harm in exploring the option. If not, no big deal. We will continue as we always have.

Paul Turner likes this.