PIF: Complete Starter Set **GONE**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JimR, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimR

JimR Active Member

To Joseywales...stop breaking those laws!!!

Ok, kids, 'Tis the season and I have been inspired by recent generosity. Time to clean out my shave drawer a bit.

This is a complete starter's set:

Feather Portable--all meal three piece clone of the Gillette Tech. NIB, it usually comes with two feathers but I took those out to give to a friend.

Tanuki Hair Brush Gently Used--my first brush. Different from badger or boar, but still a totally serviceable brush.

Mitchell's Wool Fat soap NIB--The legend. Not always the easiest to lather, but once you get it...oh man!

Blade Sampler--Containing Red Pack IPs, Crystals, Derbies, Dorco ST301s, and some other stuff.

Conditions: First post from a newb (less than 50 posts, MORE than 10) with the Name of the Man in my avatar--he IS famous, and he wrote a book that is in translation in English.

**Ok. maybe it's the question that's got this thing still hanging around. Here's a hint: He was a Samurai who survived the battle of Sekigahara, and there is a very long novel based on his life. There is also a series of three movies, starring Toshiro Mifune as this man.

I want this to go to a complete newb with no kit, so you're on your honor there.

Attached Files:

2. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

wow great PIF!

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

That is a very generous offer..

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

to be new again.
    Nice pif Jim.
    did you not get that straight on B&B

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks...But I wonder, do we even have any Newbies with no kits here?

Anyway, No I didn't. Mike said he's going to rehone it before he wants to let it go. If and when he does, I might pick it up...but I also might pick up something from The Inveisible Edge...Or one of those cheap Double Arrows on the bay...

6. eahlswede

eahlswede New Member

Nice PIF!

7. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

True, I did't start lurkin at B and SMF till after I got my gear, and I just found this site recently, but I'm pretty well set in gear.

I was thinking of getting a wapi or double arrow, till Mike made me an offer, well I ask him for an offer and he caved.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Your Giving Away Mwf!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!??????????

9. JimR

JimR Active Member

If you love something, let it go...:D

You think I don't have more? ;)

10. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

did you have septictank send you a whole case of wool fat???

11. JayKay

I was PIFed my first puck of MWF about a year ago. Its still almost as big as when I got it. I'm pretty sure if you picked up whatever you could carry in your arms it would last you more than a life time from the time you started shaving. 1 year and its barely shrunk. I use it for a super lather every time I shave. The stuff is nuts and I love it.

12. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

hmmm, how many years will 3 pucks last?

13. JayKay

They'll outlast you. Long enough that you'll just shrug and start giving them away.

14. JimR

JimR Active Member

Exactly. This is the second puck I've given away this month.

And soon I will be at Paul's doorstep, hand out for a ceramic dish...

15. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Hello all,

Well, I am new and the only thing I have is a brush and some soap from Rite Aid. I have been reading this site (and others) for several days and I gotta tell you, in less than 72 hours it has driven me crazy (actually, mostly there before I started reading.) By the way, with just the brush, soap and my old razor, I got the best shave I have ever had. Smooth and no pain. It was a holiday miracle.

Anyway, I am thinking your avatar is Sun Tsu. At least it looks a lot like him. If not him, maybe a close relative!

I look forward to learning from all of you.

I'll see you around.

Mike

16. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Great offer, Jim. Very generous.

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Good try Mike, and you're in the general continental area! But, not quite right. ANNND as you've already got 50% of the kit, I'm going to encourage you to keep at it...and say sorry.

Thanks for trying though!
    Jim

18. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Jim<

Thanks for the consideration and doing such a generous thing. My other obsessions/hobbies (watches and cigars) frequently see such acts of generosity. It must be something about obsessions.

Anyway, I actually won an auction today for a 1974 Gillette SS. I am looking forward to trying it.

Mike

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  20. akady

akady New Member

This is still here? Imight have to tell a friend to join to get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.