PIF - Oneblade CORE Razor

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by MoAllen, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

20211106_114241-2.jpg

Here is the Oneblade Core razor. This is the entry-level model, with a plastic head. I got a terrific deal from Oneblade, tried it a few times, but it just isn't for me. But maybe you will love it.

Included is the razor, the stand, and a package of Feather single-edge blades with 9 left, all in the original box.

This is open to active members who live in the US, have been members for at least 30 days.

How to enter? Post a picture of something you love about November, and say "I'm in!". I'll keep this open until November 14. I'll pick a winner using random.org.

Now to get the ball rolling, here is something that I LOVE about November.

5516.jpg

This is great, too!

costco-pies_1542745080335-jpg_20126176_ver1-0-1024x576.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Awesome pif, very generous! I have the ss version using a modified gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave in KY and MoAllen like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Nice PIF

I’m in.

2426A910-5287-4D4A-8ED2-CBBBF853C5BD.jpeg

Dave in KY, Enrico and MoAllen like this.
  4. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I’m in. I have been wanting to try one of those so this is an exciting PIF!

When I think of Fall, I think of one of my favorite places. Mingo Creek Park is in Southwestern Pennsylvania and is in a valley that meanders through a mix of field and forest. I spent many days of my youth hiking the trails, finding crayfish in the creek, and attending social functions from birthdays to wedding receptions. Truly one of my most happy of happy places.

880C0BB3-BA64-4FDC-88F4-FC042EF0A088.jpeg 80BC0E77-F764-4D58-9A00-C1DFD9AD14B0.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Dave in KY and MoAllen like this.
  5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Excellent PIF. Not in, but I appreciate your generosity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MoAllen and Dave in KY like this.
  6. MoAllen

Still plenty of time to post pictures about November and enter the drawing!
    [​IMG]

SRQShaver likes this.
  7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I love getting the brush cleared and burned off the hillside this time of year. Always wanted to try the one blade. Thanks for the chance, I'm out now as a friend offered me his. Picture coming.......have to go downsize it :angry019:
    IMG_10112021_085336_(563_x_750_pixel).jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm tempted but will refrain so others have better odds. Thanks for the PIF though @MoAllen!

MoAllen, SRQShaver and Dave in KY like this.
  9. Dave in KY

Jump on in, the waters fine :happy088:

lightcs1776 and battle.munky like this.
  10. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

download.jpg
    I'm in .Thanks

lightcs1776 and MoAllen like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Really nice pif, but...
    resist.jpg

battle.munky, SRQShaver and MoAllen like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Very nice PIF, I'm in................
    DeerCamp-021.jpg

13. MoAllen

14. MoAllen

Here is the result of the random drawing:

Screenshot 2021-11-14 170551.png

@SRQShaver -- you are the winner!

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I will get this razor out to you right away!

Thanks to everyone for taking part.

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

MoAllen and SRQShaver like this.
  16. Dave in KY

Congrats to the winner and Thanks for the Pif @MoAllen

MoAllen likes this.
  17. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, SRQShaver. This is a great PIF.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MoAllen likes this.
  18. SRQShaver

Hooray! I was in need of a pick me up and this just made my day. Thanks for the excellent PIF Mike!

Dave in KY, lightcs1776 and MoAllen like this.
  19. SRQShaver

I received the package today and, while I had a shave set up with a GEM Featherweight, I just had to bump that for a turn with the OneBlade. First impressions are that I wasn't expecting a particularly well-built razor considering it's so inexpensive and mostly plastic but I was surprised to see that it's actually has a solid feel with a good amount of heft. I also just received my order from Clubman so I decided to go with the Col. Conk lime and finish up with some Clubman Citrus Musk.

The shave was a bit odd due to needing to add a good bit of pressure to the razor to engage the blade and make the head swivel. It didn't take too long to adjust and then it was fine. It still feels a little odd but it's so mild that it instills confidence in you to put pressure on it. I had a pleasant three-pass shave ending in a solid BBS. The only negative was needing to do a good bit of cleanup and buffing in my usual problem areas. Surprisingly, even with all the extra blade work, there was zero irritation as revealed with the alum block.

Lastly, I haven't used aftershave since I was a teenager some 30 years ago. I can't say I had particularly high hopes after receiving the samples from Clubman and smelling them in the bottle. They all seemed a bit too over the top for my taste and I assumed that I'd try them each once and pass them along. I couldn't have been more wrong. I was FLOORED by how much I loved the Citrus Musk in combination with the Col. Conk lime. What a great fragrance! And the skin feel is great. Just a hint of alcohol when I splashed it on and then a wonderful scent. It's been a few hours now and I can't smell it unless I cup my hand over my face so I know it's there but not strong which is EXACTLY what I wanted out of an aftershave. Spectacular! I might be hooked on yet another aspect of wet shaving. Just what I needed...

Thanks again to @MoAllen for the superb PIF.

2021-11-19_OneBlade_Core_Col_Conk.resized.jpg

IAmTheJody, Dave in KY, ewk and 3 others like this.
  20. MoAllen

Great shave! Enjoy!

SRQShaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.