Pinaud Clubman shave soaps.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jaro, Sep 5, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

yes sir we do..:)

2. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I’m a resident of the BiMart zone also. I need to go check mine now. Probably already clearanced out by now, but worth a look. Especially since it’s not Tuesday right now!

brit likes this.
  3. Latherin’ Luddite

I hit my local BiMart yesterday and all the Pinaud splashes are gone. So are the soap pucks. There are some tubs of shaving cream, and also beard wax. I’ll have to check other BiMarts when I’m outside my area.

brit likes this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I have never found pinaud shaving soaps or creams in any store i have Ever visited.
    If i Ever find any i will get it because i want to try it someday along with cella which i also have never tried.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is also a shave lather in a tube. It works good with a brush. The directions say to put it on your palm and rub hands to build lather. Worked great with a brush
    [​IMG]

And the clubman soap

6. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It's good stuff. Both of them.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

i have the small clubman puck soap..fantastic stuff..

Tedolph and wchnu like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You made some interesting comments about the one you used and the Classic Barber. More like a lotion, eh? Think I'll stick with the sophisticated gentlemanly canned goo. By the way, I agree...the 2 oz. soap isn't quite the regular Clubman it "says" it is.

brit likes this.
  10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I found my two Clubman Soaps hiding behind the boxes of beard stuff. I got the last two soaps. Next time I see Bi-Marts store buyer I'm gonna tell him he needs to restock a few things. Which Clubman Aftershave smells like the soap?. It sure isn't Pinaud Clubman AS.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  11. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Gonna have to try the shave lather in a tube.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You will likey I think.

brit likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea... that lotion stuff kinda sucks. This cream in the tube is veddy nice though.

brit likes this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Classic vanilla is what I get.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  15. Latherin’ Luddite

As soon as I free up a mug, I’m going to load it with a Stirling Clubman puck. I think it’s as close to the true Clubman scent as anyone has achieved. Sad that Pinaud can’t manage to do that. I won’t search quite as hard for the pucks now.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Pinaud's done it for 189 years. I haven't tried Stoylin Clubman, thus I can't compare, but I well recall a review of it(Pinaud's Clubman) that said, in so many words, that many men's grooming products try their best to outdo Clubman, but they just can't. I know it's a "to each his/her own" thing. Having said this, I do think Doc Ezlovan's "Spice" comes quite close to the Shulton scent-but Shulton set the pace.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    brit likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Actually, I now see what you meant(correct me if need be). I think you were saying that the Clubman soap puck should have been the original scent, not the Vanilla it ended up to be. I did criticize Clubman for that. Clubman's classic scent has set the pace for 189 years, and I was disappointed that s Clubman soap puck that be gave all indications that it would have the regular Clubman scent turned out to be a clone of its Vanilla offering.

brit likes this.
  18. Latherin’ Luddite

Exactly Paul. I’m a big fan of original Clubman, and a matching soap would be nice. The Vanilla is OK, but nothing special for me. I like the Clubman Booze scents much better.

Yehuda D, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i look at the clubman soap puck as a build up scent.works with a few of their aftershaves..imo..

Tedolph and Latherin’ Luddite like this.