Pinaud shaving at Sally Beauty Supply

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by JohnInPeoria, Feb 10, 2009.

1. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Sally in my area is clearancing out the Pinaud shaving line, and will be discontinuing the stuff. It's half price right now.

I'm not sure if that's only here, or nationwide.

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Very good to know:) I am set for now but might swing by and pick up the shave cream or talc.

3. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I don't think the talc is part of that deal. There is a newer shave line that has a brushless cream, a gel, and an aftershave balm.

4. mmack66

mmack66 Member

I read on one of the shave forums that Sally Beauty was discontinuing the Pinaud shave products.

5. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

I've only ever been in a Sally store one time with my wife to buy her hair coloring. I didn't even know they had mens products. I'll have to check it out.

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Wonder if the Club Mend is on that list.

7. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Club Mend is on this display.

I was concerned about that as well, as its the only product of that line that I'd used. The manager seemed confident that they wouldn't be carrying it, as part of that whole product line. I was hoping she was wrong...

8. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Most of them also carry Master Bay Rum. Good Stuff!

I wonder if Sally will stop carrying Pinaud Clubman too? (though I can get it at the local CVS and a nearby Walgreens)

9. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

I'm not a big fan of bay rum, tried some back in december and didn't like it, smelled like medicine to me. I've always wanted to try the Pinaud Clubman but there's never a sample to smell and I don't want to blow seven bucks on something I hate. Right now I'm mostly using the Brut splash on, Aqua Velva and a dollar general store knock off of Old spice. I just ran out of the real Old Spice but I usually have that on hand as well.

10. otherstar

I just got my frist bottle of Pinaud Clubman and the Pinad Bay Rum. I love both. Regarding the Clubman: if you like Brut, you will like Clubman. I don't like Brut, but I still like Clubman. It has a very clean scent, it smells just like the barbershop I used to go to before my wife started cutting my hair. I personally find it similar to Brut, but a lot friendlier to my nose and very clean smelling whereas I find Brut to be to in-your-face and strong, I find Clubman to be a little more subtle, but still strong.

11. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

Thanks Jeff, on that recommendation I think I can chance buying a bottle. It's that "Barber Shop" smell that I'm going for. Of course there are those who would say bay rum is a "barber shop smell" and I don't like that one at all. At least not the one I tried which I hate to say was the TSD sample I got when I won the November giveaway. That one didn't agree with me at all and I tried it several times because I hate to waste stuff and thought maybe I'd get used to it.

12. otherstar

I thought the Master Bay Rum was that smell, but when I opened the Clubman and put it on, I KNEW it was that barbershop smell. Bonus for me is that my wife likes it on me, it reminds her of the way a late friend of her family (who was like a surrogate grandfather to her) used to smell.

13. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

It's definately a bonus when the ladies like it! :)

Btw, like your avatar, do you play? I Have a Lonestar Strat w/Texas specials. Very Stevie Rayish, wish I could play like him but then who doesn't?

14. otherstar

Yeah, I've been playing about 25 years now. That's just one of my guitars, it's an Epiphone '56 Goldtop Reissue. My favorite guitar is my '62 Reissue Strat that I got in 1989...it sounds better now than when I got it. It sounds real sweet through my Super Reverb (but that needs to go to the shop to repair a blown speaker and for a cap job).

15. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

The pickin's at Sallys for mens' products is fairly limited. They have these few Pinaud creams which I've never tried, the Talc, Masters Bay Rum, some house witch hazel and a few odds and ends.

They do sell several very nice hair clippers.

16. otherstar

Very true, I went in just for the Master's Bay Rum. I probably won't go back in until I run out of the Master's either, and then it will only be to get a replacement.

17. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

Cool, I only have the one Lonestar Strat, made in '98 I think and the model was discontinued shortly afterwards, they make one similar now but with a different name. Mine's a sunburst with maple board and I play through a Fender Twin Reverb (silverface '70s model). I do have an acoustic flat top but it's a cheap old 'beater' guitar. I've been playing since I was bout 15 and I'm 60 now.

And now back to your regularly scheduled shaving discussion................

18. otherstar

Here's a pic of me playing mine at a gig on Thursday:http://www.flickr.com/photos/organ_printer/3279525970/

To keep things sort of on topic: I was wearing Pinaud Clubman!

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Pinaud Bay Rum is strong, and if you put it on your face after a shave, it will BURNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! However, a few seconds lather, it feels great! :D

20. nifty

nifty New Member

This will crack you up.

After reading the above posts I decided to got to the local Sallys Beauty Store where my wife and I have shopped before. I picked up the large bottle of Pinaud Clubman and with my wife's Sally's Member card was prepared to get one dollar off and to pay $5.49.

Then my wife says: "Wait a minute". After rummaging around in her purse she brought out a piece of paper..." I have a card here". She handed me a $5.00 Sally discount card that would have expired the next day.I ended up paying .49 cents for the bottle.

Now you just know thats my favorite bottle of after shave. And she's my favorite wife.