Please be gentle with me :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Elaine Brindley, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Elaine Brindley

Elaine Brindley New Member

Good evening to you all - I have just joined your forum. My husband is Grant (the husband who caught his lovely wife shaving her legs with his "special" razor last night !!)

Firstly I believe you are all actually a bad influence on Grant. A few months back he decided he was going to start selling his collection of razors and accessories BUT after talking with this forum (mentioning no names in particular ... BRIAN) instead of selling he has been buying with a renewed energy and passion !!

If I am to give in to peer pressure how do you all suggest I proceed - which razor, product etc is a good starting place?

I am ready .... willing ..... and able ;)

Lainey

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Those star burst lady gillettes are awesome razors! I bought one for my daughter and she just loves it!

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Welcome to TSD! This is the best wet shave board on the planet!

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD. We do not encourage buying of any kind... none at all :) We have a saying that goes around here saying "one of each is enough"... :)

I would say that lady Gillette are loved a well as some Merkurs and milder razors. As for products you can get some Kiss My Face sc from a local grocery store or wholefoods. If not you can always ask Grant for some suggestions and steal some of his stuff :) I am sure he wont mind haha.

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Why hello Miss Elaine! I'm so happy that Grant has talked you into joining our little cozy forum, I think you'll enjoy yourself here. And just to be fair, remember it was YOU, who said I should chat with your husband due to our shared interest in razors... I'm glad to see you've joined. I would tell Grant to get you a Lady Gillette, that was Crystals first DE razor, and she still loves it. As for soap or cream, being in England you have a lot of fine products to pick from. Crystal uses a glycerine soap for the most part, some times mixed in with a little CO Bigelow. But Grant can help you with that part. And like all newcomers we suggest you find a brand blade that works best for you. Not all blades will work for everyone. Blades Grant likes my not be the best fit for you, so a sampler pack might be in order. They have some great ones here at TSD store.

Once again, welcome, we are glad you have joined us. Enjoy your shaves!

stingraysrock likes this.
  6. Brian

Brian Active Member

I thought his whole point of getting his darling wife to join was to get MORE stuff, not use the supply he already has! I know thats why I had Crystal (CRS) join!!!

7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

shhhhhhhh. Can't spread that around.... they might catch on :mog:

8. Elaine Brindley

The thing is Grant has used the same Gillette razor for years and basic shop bought soap. He has collected razors of all different shapes and sizes during this time and never used them. It has only been the last couple of months he has started to appreciate them and actually use them. Therefore he is a novice when it comes to the whole "routine" and so if you could suggest a starter pack from TSD Store ie preshave balm, creams etc to get us both up and running that would be great.

Lainey :)

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Welcome to the Den. Not a TSD offering (the ones i have tried are very nice), but give TOBS Avocado a try. Light scent, Easy to lather, and is very moisturizing. I think it smells lightly of cucumber, but there are many interpretations of it.

10. Elaine Brindley

Is that something I can find in the UK?

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Lainey! Always nice to see more ladies joining us! :signs046:

+1
    It's made in the UK.
    You might have to order it through the internet, though. Connaught Shaving is a great vendor in the UK.
    Also, if you have a Boots nearby they have their own shaving cream and soaps.

12. Elaine Brindley

Thanks JoAnna - i'm pleased to be here :) I will pop into Boots and check out their range.

Lainey

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That's ok. I get a little teed when only the "ladies" razors get recommended to women.

There are plenty of razors out there, and ladies can use them all. Just because some big corporation decided to market a razor as "for ladies" doesn't make it the only thing ladies can use.

The Gillette"Ladies" razors are good razors, for women and men.

My razor recommendation is a Long Handled Super Adjustable.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Beat me to it by >that< much.

Hi, Elaine! Welcome to the Den.

Blades have no gender. Try what ever catches your eye. If that doesn't work, trade it or sell it here at the Den, then try something else.
    Have fun!

15. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Hello, and welcome to the Den!

16. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Welcome to the Den Lainey! Thanks for joining us. I hope you enjoy your stay.

17. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Welcome to The Den!

18. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Welcome Lainey!

You and your husband should take a trip down the row of Jermyn Street St. James, the British mecca of shave goods, and pop into all the different shops, you have D.R. Harris, Geo F. Trumper's, and Taylor's of old Bond Street....

19. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Welcome to TSD! :git:

20. Elaine Brindley

I never need an excuse to go shopping !! Sounds like a great idea - i'm sure Grant would be up for it :)