Polysilver Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dadvest, Nov 11, 2011.

1. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Has anyone tried the Polsilver blades? I see they are a Gillette blade. Are they something new or just a repackaged version of something they currently have?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I used one awhile back...I think it shaved good, but I cannot remember for sure. I have seen some people say that they are actually Super Iridium's... I think.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Yea Jeff's right I have seen some pics on other forums that compare the new Pols to SI's and they lead you to believe they are the same blade. A forum friend gave me 30 of the new Pols and they shave really well, on a par with the 7'o Clock Sharpedges, the yellowjackets nice combo of smooth and sharp. There were Pols available some years back and they were a nice blade, the new Pols strike me as a little better. I'd buy more but last time I looked they were pricey.

4. From what they say, are very similar to the "dear" super iridium, I'd like to try them one day. They are very expensive, at least the iridium were at an affordable price! Seeing the prices of some Internet retailers, they cost a fortune for charity ', may well assert that price, but with this crisis that there' around I doubt that anyone would spend $ 85 for 250 blades ...