Pomcomatic-I found a strange fascinating razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dslazar9, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

My wife came across this strange beast doing a house cleanout. It's called The Pomcomatic. It's a battery powered slant that looks like it's from the 70's. It's the Stahly meets The Rabbit. It looks like it would be a perfect gift for that special woman in your life-close shave in the morning, toe curling orgasm at night in one convenient device.:lyrtuy5:

I had never seen or heard of this razor. Have any of you?

pomcomatic.jpg

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Awesome! A battery operated Pomco slant?! I haven't seen one before. So, your wife found that in your house?

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I've seen this only one other time and that was on eBay. I imagine the head, as is the case with Pomco slant DE razors, was made by Merkur.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very interesting!

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Interesting.... Any plans to try it out Danny?

6. Dslazar9

My wife found this while cleaning a clients house. She is an organizer: mostly doing cleanouts and estate sales for families of folk who pass away or need to move and downscale. She finds me lots of shaving items doing this-I'm one of her best customers.
    I have not decided weather or not to keep this one. I have the Pomco slant which has the identical head as this Pomcomatic and the Merkur slants (both modern and vintage). My first DE razor was a Stahly. My wife bought it at an antique store 20 years ago and had it displayed in our bathroom because she liked the way it looked. I never really even noticed it until I discovered wet shaving myself. I didn't think the Stahly vibration added anything to the shave. If I keep this it will be mainly for the novelty.

Keithmax likes this.
  7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The battery itself is a collectable too. :)

8. Smooth

Smooth Member

Looks cool, never seen one like that. Why not put it on display, it has a great box to boot.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah Danny, that thing looks really neat. It would be a nice display piece. No need to shave with it since you know how the Stahly works for you and the Pomco head is the same as your non-vibrating model. Damn neat conversation piece.

10. Dslazar9

Thanks gents, yep I need to keep this, I just need to find the real estate-I ran out of room in my den about 10 razors ago. I always figure out a way to worm another object in.

rodd likes this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It’s been awhile since this post and since the OP was on, but I recently acquired a lady Pomco and in the case came instructions to the pomcomatic.

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000