Possible closure of Personna??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bald as, Jun 6, 2015.

1. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I think someone will buy it.. but yeah, for those that are dependent on those blades should maybe stock up on some now =P

3. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

I'm just working out what my lifetime supply will be :)

jakie55 and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I gotta quit typing and go buy a lifetime supply of Labs. Seriously, sad news if they shut it down. Really hope someone can buy it and keep the place going.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

It sounds interesting. Also sounds like maybe they are going to go away, I don't use them but the bottom line is the almighty dollar or profit.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Let's hope it does not go away completely.

PatrickA51 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Maybe they are just trying to boost sales. If this thread is any indication, it's working. ;)

8. feeltheburn

I'd agree normally, but the story linked said it's in an SEC report so that would be a crime. Usually this kind of news makes the bottom fall out of your stock so they wouldn't announce it lightly.

PatrickA51 and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I was trying to add a little humor to a not so funny situation. Especially for those who will loose their jobs.:(

PatrickA51 and feeltheburn like this.
  10. feeltheburn

I got the humor. I really did. I was doing the same thing. Those people make the greatest blades in the world IMO and they're available at a great price, which everyone thinks is impossible for goods made in the US. As much of a blow as this would be to people who love shaving, it's a bigger blow to the people who work there.

This would be a pretty big deal to us though if you think about it. I don't think anyone would be producing decent SE blades anymore. Only Schick would be making injector blades (and for who knows how much longer). Still plenty of other DE blades being made but Personnas are the ones I like and use the most.

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

We could start an online petition. Get people who work there and DE shavers from around the world to join. They might be trying to move the company offshore.

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Probably a dumb question, but do Personna have anything to do with the single edged Gem blades?

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

American Safety Razor Company, Verona, Virginia, 24482.So it wasn't a dumb question as the answer is yes to Gem.

GDCarrington, PatrickA51 and Slow Joe like this.
  14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Thanks so it's just the Personna blues i might have to stock up on, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

They make Gem also. Stock up on both. I also hope it doesn't come to the plant shutting down.

Slow Joe, GDCarrington and PatrickA51 like this.
  16. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I'm going to start Ebaying Personna Blue Labs for $4 a blade. $3 in bulk.

Bama Samurai and Slow Joe like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:)

18. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Everybody goes crazy buying blades, they show record quarter, don't close plant.:confused: Or move the plant to China anyway.

Tdmsu and Douglas Carey like this.
  19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's times like this that make me happy I shave with Russian blades.

...and those 1,200 Gillette Super Blue Blades.

20. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

1200 Super Blues, impressive!:signs107: Did get those all at once or some serious eBaying time?