Possible in grown hair

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by banks741938, Jan 9, 2017.

1. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I think I have gotten in ingrown hair. I used a new blade a couple of weeks ago that did not agree with my face... a couple of days this bump on the bottom of my neck popped up. It looks like a zit but has never came to a head. I think I have an ingrown hair. What's the best plan of attack to fix the problem. Should I just leave it alone, dig it out or just scrub it to remove skin. What are yalls thoughts. thanks!

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Use a tool for dealing with blackhead and pimples. When you get the hair to the surface, pull it out with tweezers.

...Or you can take a needle, dig out the hair and remove it with tweezers.

3. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I keep a stock of safety pins in the bathroom for just that reason. I used to get them on my neck just about every time I shaved.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

4. Heather Mercado

Heather Mercado New Member

Specially for womens, the use of razor should be avoided to reduce the chances of skin problems.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I usually just use a clean pair of tweezers. Had to pull one out a few days ago, ingrown hairs hurt and are a PITA.

Also have heard people say to take asprin tablet and crush it up and mix with a little bit of water and apply to the ingrown hair area. Not sure how well this works, but is has been mentioned many times, so it may be worth trying.

crackstar likes this.
  6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

It's been years since I had one, but I used to just squeeze them like a pimple until I could see the hair, then grab it with tweezers and pull it out. Don't forget to disinfect the area when you're done to avoid an infection afterwards. Also, it helps if you do this fresh from a hot shower.

crackstar likes this.