Post Op Results

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by seamus402, Feb 8, 2008.

1. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

OK - I know many of you have been wondering or following along with my Surgery on Nov 19, and some of you don't care at all, which is very ok. Just letting you all know, I reached a major milestone today. I am 79 days post op and as of this morning, I have lost 100 pounds. That is correct, 100 pounds. I have lost a really hot skinny woman. 5 - 20 pound bags of dog food. It really has been an amazing journey.

I have dropped 3 shirt sizes and 12 inches in my trousers. If you are a big guy and need any clothes - just PM me. Also have a nice leather jacket and cool courderoy winter jacket that I would sell on the cheap.

Most of all, I feel great!

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

VERY Impressive! Congrats!

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Great Job Jim. How is your recovery going by the way. Have you found any foods that you use to like that now make you sick? Glad to see you are doing so well.

4. seamus402

It is a bummer - pretty much all foods bore me right now. I am sure it will be better in a couple of months, but right now I have to remind myself to eat. Had a real negative experience with raw fish - which I loved pre-op. Hopefully that is not permanent.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Congratulations Jim. You said you feel great... tell us more. Exactly how do you feel different?

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ive known lots of people that loved lets say Apples...and now they cant eat them or else bad effects happen.....and others....no side effects. Hopefully your one of the latter people

7. seamus402

That is a very insightful question. I get out of bed much easier. It is easy to reach down and tie my shoes. I don't get a cramp in my lower back when I wipe my butt. (You asked) It is easier to get in and out of my car. I can see my johnson (and he look marvelous). It doesn't hurt to walk. Sex is great again and easier.

There are so many day to day things that obese people have to deal with, absolutely because of their own actions, that non obese people just do and don't even think about. The personal hygiene is an especially big deal for me.

I really do feel better. The health of my skin. My general outlook on everything.

Thanks for asking!

8. seamus402

I have not dumped yet, haven't really tempted it. I seem to have a "Happy Pouch"

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Quick question.....since i find this an informative thread

How old are you.....height and weight before surgery.

10. seamus402

46 years old - western European Male
    Pre-op 438 was highest weight - 6" 0" BMI 59.2
    Current 338 Goal 220

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

VERY VERY nice....

Ive thought about doing the procedure myself...but...havent pulled the trigger....been afraid of some of the possible problems.

PLEASE...

keep us updated and thank you for sharing your life experience :)

12. seamus402

www.thinnertimesforum.com

Best place on the web for info. I am Omaha Jim there. Sign up and read man! Also read my blog - it tells everything.

13. I just read through. Very interesting. Further, you have a nice looking family. I wish you the best.

14. seamus402

Thanks Lee - Oh by the way, I am flyfishing for Chinook Springers on the Rogue River in May in Oregon. Fish on!

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Is your wife happy or sad about this turn of events? :D

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear you are doing good, and are so happy with the results so far. ::

16. seamus402

Thank God I had 12 to spare.

17. sparky5693

Administrator
    Jim, this is very, very cool. I could only imagine what a life changing event this has to be.

18. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

All this talk about 12" :rolleyes: I'm NOT cutting off 5" just to get 12"!! :p . Innuendo aside (I think you started it this time JoAnna ;) ) it sounds great Jim!

My mother went through a similar operation and describes the same result(well, she never told me about any improvements in wiping her butt or her sex life).

Good luck and it's wonderful to hear you are feeling better.

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Great job, Jim! :: :: ::

20. sparky5693

Administrator
    This procedure is becoming more and more popular. It seems everyone knows someone that has had it done.