Pre shave oil

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DrDead, Oct 7, 2010.

1. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter New Member

I AVOID putting oil products at all cost on my skin. It's like putting vegetable oil on your skin before you shave.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Applying oil to your skin isn't as bad as most folks think.

3. Mo5-O

Mo5-O New Member

I used oliveology and it worked great.....I don't use it every day but when used it was smooth.

4. 8thsinner

8thsinner New Member

When I run out of my alpha oil, which I have decided to stick to using with alternating sandalwood soap, and palm olive shave sitck. I switch to pure coconut oil culinary grade, its solid and sold in jars, but I have noticed every time I run out of alpha I really get exceptional shaves using the coconut oil.

I haven't mixed the coconut oil and sandalwood shave soap as of yet but I think I might try that soon to see what happens.

If it still gives me superior shaves I might start giving up the alpha oil, it's £3 per 6 weeks for what 20ml or something when I can get jars of coconut oil for £4 in levels of 20x the amount.

5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Can preshave oil have any detriment on your brush? Is it ok to put some oil on & then lather on top of it?

6. Extra virgin olive oil or burts bees baby oil.

7. Kenshomi

Kenshomi Member

I use Anthony Logistcs oil any time I have to knock down a few days growth. Otherwise i don't use any.

8. cryhavoc

cryhavoc Member

I use Shave Secret, its cheap, has menthol and works for my face. I add a drop or two of M Bomb to it on really hot days! YMMV