Prep shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Oct 18, 2008.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

another cream I received from a trade-off with a gentleman in this group. As far as performance goes, this cream is similar in some ways to Noxzema lather cream, which is my absolute favorite, because it lathers so rich and creamy, and in no time. The skincare is outstanding, and there is a good cooling effect from menthol, eucalyptus, and camphor. The scent at least to me, however is not quite as pleasant as the Noxzema cream, although it does not really hang around long after a shave. I think I would like to have Prep in my rotation, because I would definitely call it a good, in fact, very good shaving item.

2. Grick

Grick Active Member

Guess I need to revive this overlooked thread (aren't you surprised, crackstar ;) ) to say that the Prep is absolutely astonishing. The lather is dense and thick and softens the stubble better than pretty much any other shaving cream. And yet it costs next to nothing. Some people might hate the dimethicone/silicon in the formula but I've never had any problems with silicon build-up on my brushes. Plus you can always use a synthetic.
    Yes, I'm surprised this excellent cream has been overlooked in the shaving community.