Price drop on VDH Luxury shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Angelo85, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I was at my local Shop Rite today and saw Van Der Hagen Luxury shave soap being sold 2 for $5. I remember when I began my wet shaving journey it used to be $5 for one puck. Has anyone else seen a drop in price on VDH soaps? Also does anyone know if they possibly changed the formula of the soap thus reflecting the slash in price?

2. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

It wasn't so long ago that the OLD Deluxe formula was only a couple bucks. I liked the Deluxe. Many here remember seeing it in the green box. The new Deluxe isn't as good and I never liked the Luxury at all. Now I use Arko, grated and pressed into my mug. Smell is reminescent of urinal cakes but it goes away quickly. Costs a little more than a buck per stick and makes pretty good lather for all that. Sometimes I add a bean-sized blop of Proraso cream before hitting it with the badger but it stands well on its own.

Angelo85 likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

That's a good price. It's still $4-$5 around here. Might be a local special to move stock.

Haven't heard of a formula change for the Luxury.

Angelo85 likes this.
  4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Just bought 2 VDH Luxury shave soaps before they ran out of it/upped the price. 38D9E440-49E1-4FF6-ABE2-28D62A763377.jpeg