Prince!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Did anyone else get sick when Prince was playing All Along The Watchtower for the half time show?

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I never really cared for him myself.

3. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Prince is seriously the man. He is an INCREDIBLY talented musician. If anyone can cover Watchtower, its Prince.

I mean, who else can summon lightning from the sky!:D :D :D

4. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

That was pretty awesome.. how about when he sang "and the wind began to howl" and the wind and rain was going nuts...! Then he went into Purple Rain and it was so cool...

I thought he was GREAT! but I am the generation that grew up with him and always liked his music.. that dude can perform!

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Actually if anyone can cover Watchtower its Jimi. :D

I do like Prince, Kiss is a great song, but the cover songs he was doing bothered me a tad.

6. Frankenface

Frankenface New Member

I did, it reminded me of that disco song that Ozzy did a few years back (I think it was staying alive).
    -Fred

7. At least he lost the frilly, lacey look.

When I think football, I think Prince. (With apologies to Lewis Black.)

8. mantic

mantic U TOOB

While I think his choices for the music he played at the SB could've been better, I had to respect his ability to play under adverse conditions. Playing a musical instrument outdoors is always a dicey proposition (keeping the instrument in-tune) and during rain doubly-so. He adjusted his cords when it became apparent that the guitar he was using was losing tune and made it sound reasonably good. It appeared he was really playing, unlike many that lip-sync'd or hand-sync'd their performances during previous SB's (I can attest first hand to the lousy jobs The Doobie Brothers and Diana Ross did for SB XXX; I was there). Props to him for dealing with difficult circumstances if nothing else.

--Mark

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

..say what you will about the man. but.........
    Live, in the "pouring rain", in front of mazillions of people
    Prince played the he!! outta his satanic ax.
    I dont love all he's ever done but he is a great musician.

10. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Having been in the music business, Prince is a great musician, but an even greater writer. His list of hits is spectacular. Do a bit of research. Regardless of his look and mannerisms, you have to admire the man.

St. Croix

11. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

My roomate is good friends with John Blackwell, Prince's old drummer. John said Prince would charge everyone in the band $100 for every mistake they made on stage. He would just walk around the stage telling members their running tally during the performance while he wasnt singing. It might sound like a callous move on his part, but he is that much of a perfectionist.