Probably an impossible question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hairy Alaskan, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

So I've been racking my brain for a long time trying to figure out the razor my dad used when I was a kid (late 70s to early 80s). He doesn't remember what brand it was but I have a vague memory of it.
    It was a black handled safety razor in I think a gold finish. What I distinctly remember was that it had an odd texture. Instead of being a uniform square type texture it was more a random rounded shaped texture like spots you would see on a cow except all in black. The handle wasn't tapered so I don't believe it was a Krona. The handle was shaped more like a Gillette Black Beauty or a Parker 96R.
    I'm wondering if it could have been an early Parker? I have not been able to find any info or pictures of Parker razors online anywhere. My dad is pretty frugal so it could have been a Gillette or Parker knockoff.
    Anyway if any of you guys could help me I would appreciate it.

2. haiti222

haiti222 Member

3. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Thanks for the reply. I don't think that that is the one. I remember the textured handle being different. I am assuming it was an off brand of some sort. That Black Beauty is pretty sweet though.