Probak razor heads

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Mar 1, 2009.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Bluemonkey posted earlier in the week that he scored a Probak. I thought it would be fun to start a thread on them and see if between all of us we can come up with pictures of the 6 different head designs. Other than the posts that hold the blade in place the razors are identical. Here are the two I have:
    [​IMG]

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i wonder if people realize this is one of the reasons why theres all those crazy notches on DE blades.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I have one like the first that Rodd shows, and this one that is currently in transit:

[​IMG]

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

my probak head design resembles a drunk siberian haberdasher.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Are these particularly expensive?

Fuzzy

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Now that you mention it, yes I have.

Thanks Dave, that really opened my eyes and explains a lot.

Doing a search on the subject turned up this page, that was a very interesting read.

7. tom myers

tom myers Member

Probak blade positioner styles

I have three Probaks, but I have nothing new to add to the mix. One of mine is like the upper picture and two are like the lower picture in rodd's original posting.

Regards,
    Tom

PS; Dave, does a drunken Siberian haberdasher look anything like the locating studs on blue_monkey's razor? :confused:

8. tom myers

tom myers Member

Fuzzy, a current check of Ebay doesn't show any for sale at the moment, but looking back at my records indicates that I've been able to buy them generally for less than $10 apiece.

Regards,
    Tom

9. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

if it wasnt for all that riffraff, it might have just evolved into a combo 3 hole/slot blade.

yes. but theyre at the top corners.

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

His name is Vicheronov, and he does NOT like the way the lamp is talking behind his back. Not one bit.

11. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

AND HE TOLD ME HE DRINKS ALONE :eek: