Proctor & Gamble Buys Art of Shaving

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mr. Igg, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

2. Truckman

Truckman New Member

wow....

3. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Goodness...this'll definitely be a conflict of interest to at least one member here...

Maybe now I'll be able to afford one of their soaps, though.

4. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Oh Joy, canned goo and throw-away stuff for all :(

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Oh, dear and that's where my straight razor teacher works. Now its sort of like learning from the enemy.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh my, that's bad. What's next? AOS goo in da can for homies?

8. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I havent used any of the Art of shaving products but I can see how P&G are gonna "improve" its formulas and make them more "commercial".

9. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I heard they are hiring a bunch of ex clowns and circus freaks to work in their shops now especially the barbers. P&G wants to change the image up a bit I guess.

10. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

It does make quite a statement though on the growth of the 'wet shave industry' and interest in better quality shave products in general. P&G must see a huge interest in it. Sites like this are a big part of that - congrats to those of you invested in promoting the 'commerce' of non-cartridge shaves!

11. Special_K

Special_K New Member

Jeremy, Aren't you a big anti-P&G guy? Do you use any AOS stuff? Are you still going to go to your teacher?

12. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

A dog n pony show on the side, no doubt. The clowns would be fun, but I'm afraid of clowns with razors :scared001

13. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

14. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Matt said he'd have to teach on-line now because they replaced all the straights with Nair spatulas! :happy088

15. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member