Products for Facial Hair

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Williams Warrior, May 2, 2011.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've been wearing a Van Dyke, Goatee, Circle Beard, or whatever else you want to call it for close to 6 years now. I've always worn it rather short and for some expierimentation am wanting to grow it just a little longer. Now my hair is a little on the wavy/curly side, more loops than tight curls. That said it starts to curl under my nose and different hairs go their own way on the chin and the sides , what I need is a product to hold everything together without looking plastered down and stiff. Would a gel or moustache wax be what I need or some pomade? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I use Firehouse Wacky Tacky mustache wax for my handlebars.
    I've also made some home-made 'stache wax from beeswax and Vaseline.
    I would not recommend Clubman wax. Not only did I not care for the scent, it didn't hold very well. Too much the consistency of toothpaste.

Like you, I hate the plastered/pasted down look. With the Firehouse and my own, I soften it a bit with a hair dryer, use my fingers to work it into the 'stache, use the hair dryer on the 'stache to really soften it up, comb it through, then use my fingers to shape it up to how I like it.

3. Williams Warrior

Thanks I'll do some research on the stache wax.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I had a goat a long time ago. I shaved it off, grew it back, then shaved and grew it out again.

I tried the "Movember" gig, but the hairs were unconformable to the point of pain so I shaved them off again.

I paused to reflect on why I ever had a goat / mo in the first place and could not remember why.

Why am I posting in this thread considering that I have no suggestion for products?

I dunno.

Shave it off and see if you change your mind about having it in the first place?

If you don't like the results, grow it back!

5. Williams Warrior

I love my goat and hell will freeze before I go clean faced again. Whatever I get will have to be quick and easy to do or I won't keep it up, will probably just keep it short and hassle free unless I stumble on something great.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Then you don't want the 'stache wax. Though not long and difficult, it's not quick and easy.

7. Williams Warrior

I was afraid that was the case, I might try a pomade or something. I just now started letting it grow and that means I've got plenty of time.