Proraso Green

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by maliboy67, Jan 1, 2015.

1. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

After a week of successful shaving I realized that to find the right blade I needs to change my routine a bit. When I received my shave kit for Christmas it came with some samplers of so of the more expensive creams available, as well as some different blades to try. The samplers only hold enough cream for a few shaves and then I'm forced to change. Yesterday I picked up a tub of green Proraso at the local drug store and used it for the first time this morning. I plan to use it until I find a blade that works well for me and have my 30 days in to refine technique. Then I will go back to my samples and try the TSD soap I just ordered. I have to say I do like the cool feeling of the proraso and the price was right too

spacehobo, mickeyobe, Tdmsu and 6 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Proraso Green is an excellent soap! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) pickup the aftershave, it's fantastic!

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I couldn't agree more. Proraso Green indeed is terrific stuff.

2grubswrestle1 and LookingGlass like this.
  4. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

I agree, being fairly new also, I found myself trying everything I could ( everything that is that my bank account would allow lol).

The Prorasso green is my favorite, easy to lather, great smell and great performance. I definitely want to try their after shave. I'm currently waiting on a tub of the red now.

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Proraso Green is one of the few world class soaps. Millions of people have learned to shave with it, just like you.

spacehobo, crackstar, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  6. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Proraso Green is definitely a world class cream! One of the best values in wet shaving.

crackstar and LookingGlass like this.
  7. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

The Green is a great lathering shave soap. Unfortunately, I am not in to Eucalyptus/Menthol. However, the Red tub (sandalwood) is equally as good for lather and shave comfort for those looking for an alternative to the Green.;)

PLANofMAN, crackstar and Tdmsu like this.
  8. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

Just a thought, aren't these "Croaps" ? I saw this word used to describe these in TSD forums. Not that it matters lol, just bored with these parades on tv.:party:

9. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Proraso in the tub has a thicker consistency and is what I would consider a "croap". I use Proraso in the tube which is definitely a cream. Same results however.............

spacehobo and icemanwbs like this.
  10. Mr. Shaverman

In a tube, it's an actual cream. In the container it's a croap. Two different types of products with the same end result in lather.

icemanwbs likes this.
  11. maliboy67

I will try the red eventually as I really like sandalwood. Unfortunately the stores in my area only carry the white and green tub so I have to order it online.

icemanwbs likes this.
  12. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Proraso Green cream in the tube was my first move away from the can goo. I consider it a reliable work horse. It may not be "fancy" but I can rely on it getting the job done.

crackstar, theFAT98 and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  13. Mr. Shaverman

It was mine too. I had a tube of that and the $9 VDH kit. So long goo!

Delawhere? and theFAT98 like this.
  14. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I think you ALL need to focus on the most important question raised by the original post.
    YOU BOUGHT PRORASO AT A DRUG STORE???

This is a drug store in which I would like to do business.

15. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Some how I assume it is not one of the major chains :(

16. Mr. Shaverman

Yeah, I saw that! I'd grown up seeing Proraso Red and Green tubes in drug stores and grocery stores and didn't really think much of it. Seems like they left the shelves around here during the late 90's.

17. maliboy67

It is a major chain, Shopper's Drug Mart. All they carry is Proraso green and white in the tub and Wilkinson sword 5 blade pack. Not much but it will do in a pinch.

spacehobo and jakie55 like this.
  18. numerouno

numerouno Member

Honestly, Arko is better than proraso in performance but i love the GREEN scent of proraso.

19. Mr. Shaverman

YMMV

icemanwbs likes this.
  20. numerouno

numerouno Member

Yes sir very true +1

Mr. Shaverman likes this.