Proraso Pre-shave cream

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Greg F., Apr 30, 2015.

1. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried it? I was thinking of getting the sandalwood shea cream but I want to know if it actually helps first. I usually just have the shower as my prep or I'll use Kiehl's oil if it's a few days growth but I want to try something different.

Tdmsu likes this.
  2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Meh. I was not impressed or felt it did much if anything at all. But try it out. You might like it. Remember YMMV.

3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

The Proraso preshaves are the only ones I like. I haven't tried the Red though. It's good for a couple of days growth.

Paul Turner and Slow Joe like this.
  4. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I have the Red preshave and like it. It works well as preshave, I use it when it goes with the soap scent I'm using that day but if it doesn't it can really clash, so I rotate it with a few preshave options: a homemade lavender scented PSO and an unscented preshave soap. They all work better than nothing, but none sticks out as better than the others for me.

You can also use Proraso preshave as an aftershave balm.

awk-m4 likes this.
  5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Proraso pre-shave creme was a loser for me. PIFed it. It added nothing to my shave. I gave it about a week.

6. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I tried the white pre-shave for several weeks on and off. It didn't soften my whiskers as well as just letting soap or cream sit in them did. I won't bother buying it again.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am finishing my second jar of the green and I will not be repurchasing. I don't feel it adds anything in terms of comfort or protection. I also get a drying sensation. I like their Proraso sapone and the C.O. Bigelow line is also excellent.

brit likes this.
  8. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Actually, I prefer oils.
    Even is lebeled for beard, they're way better.

Anyway, in the new fragrances (Single Blade) there're even the preshave creams:
    • Azur Lime
    • Cypress & Vetyver
    • Wood & Spice
    [​IMG]

Not sure, because I can't find the ingredients list.
    But the others Classic preshave creams by Proraso are good for me just for the smell.
    Anyone who has this can share the INCI?

awk-m4 and brit like this.
  9. ischiapp

This is Cypress & Vetyver:
    Aqua (Water/Eau), Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,
    Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol,Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol,
    Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Limonene, Linalool.

10. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

I think it works well, a little bit more smoother shave. Have not tried oils or equal, so there is something to discover, or not?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

11. ischiapp

The new Single Blade line has different INCI, a little better.
    IMHO best option are the oils, even if labeled for beard care.

brit and lottenhem like this.
  12. Bflotom2

Bflotom2 Active Member

I prefer white and it does help soften the beard. I have used oils in the past but found them useful but difficult to use.

13. brit

brit in a box

love and use from time to time.a full proraso green shave -pre-shave,soap/cream and then splash is a fun procedure and experience.the wood and spice single line is excellent imo..is it needed? is any of it?..;):eatdrink047:

14. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I have the red. It I’m only using it as an Aftershave balm. It feels a little dry and would really like if they develop a red balm like they have for their other products.

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

looks like they do..
    400582_balsamo_barbe_dure_estero_scontornata.jpg

16. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

brit likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

brit likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

I guess I better look into this Proraso.

brit likes this.
  19. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

wood & spice cream smell is awesome, and very long lasting.

20. Paul Turner

I see it was Joke-a-Vitch.

brit likes this.