Proraso Pre Shave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Randy Wells, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Randy Wells

Randy Wells New Member

Just got my first tub of this. New to Wet Shaving. Do I apply and leave on as I cover w/lather or rinse off prior to lathering w/shave soap?

2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Hey, Randy.

You leave it on while you lather. You can reapply between passes if you want or need to.

madmedic likes this.
  3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Yes leave it on. As mentioned above you can reapply before each pass. I find it makes the actual shave much more comfortable and that it reduces the chance of irritation and cuts.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I have found that putting it on, waiting a few moments for it to sink in, then lathering over the top, and waiting another minute or two before shaving makes for a great shave. I also am a fan (in hot weather) if applying it as a post-shave, too.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  5. Randy Wells

Randy Wells New Member

cool - thx

6. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

And, in case you have not figured it out, it works best if you use very little of the product and apply it to a wet face. Not sure what shave soap/cream you are using, but using the Proraso Pre Shave along with the Proraso in the green tub or tube really gives you a refreshing shave.
    Photo1029.jpg

ajdhn, Paulie and CyanideMetal like this.
  7. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I agree. This same method works when using it as a post shave balm. Use a finger-tip of product and mix it with your favorite AS splash or just rub it into your hands and apply to a wet face. Very nice.

Paulie likes this.
  8. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

i love all the proraso products...especially this one...it makes for a very nice shave if you leave it on for a couple minutes while you prepare your lather!!!

9. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

What he said, Proraso Green Tea & Aloe Sensitive Skin formula, both pre shave and shave soap (white tub) is an equally great shave experience.