Proraso Red?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Wishoot, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

My local soap store had a couple of tubes of Proraso Red for $10 each. Is this stuff worthwhile?

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yes, YES, YES!! You have a local soap store? :D

3. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

About a 1/2 mile away. They carry mostly C&E and CM items. They also have Provence Sante and Pre de Provence. They have a few brushes, razors and EDC's too. I was looking for a Christmas gift for my wife and noticed a couple of tubes of Proraso Red.

Sounds like I should buy them?

4. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

How many are there? Yes defiantly buy them! The only place I know that still has the red has a one tube per order rule and they go for $15.00. You know if they have a bunch I'd buy some from you. This is by far my favorite cream!

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

the Red Proraso cream is for sure, lovely. So much nicer than the Green version, and a very nice scent. There is not as much of menthol, but still enough to feel during a shave.

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

There were 5 all together. They were $10. I can get them all tomorrow if you like. I would like to try a tube or two myself.

Let me know. Thanks!

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

What's the name of this store? Is it local only?

8. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

It's called Savon Nuevau. As far as I know, the only one is in Cedarburg, WI.

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

bummer...

enjoy the find!

10. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I'll chime in if you haven't already headed out the door. Proraso Red is discontinued and is a highly desired product amongst many. I have never tried it myself but would given the chance. Were it me I would buy all five tubes and either keep them if I liked or help out some fellow shavers on the bst if not. Cool find.

11. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I'm buying them all tomorrow. There may be a couple of extra tubes for sale here later tomorrow.

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

If I say your new avatar frightens me do I get dibs? :D

13. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

One of my favorite pictures from "Life of Brian".

14. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I would like to state, for the record, that I love this guy!!

That will be all.

15. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Duly noted!;)

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Make sure you ask if they have any hiding in the stock room. ;)

17. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

For those that were interested in purchasing a tube or two, I want you to know that I have every intention of getting to the store as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we have sub-zero temps and high winds here in the Metro Milwaukee area that's causing periodic white-outs and high snow drifts.

In other words, I ain't going out in this crap unless I have to.

The store opens again on Tuesday and I will be the first one in line when they unlock the door.

If you've express interest in a purchase, I'll PM you when I have them in hand. They are $10 each plus actual shipping charges.

18. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Very cool! :happy096

19. autarkic

autarkic New Member

I have no idea where the line starts or how many are ahead of me but I'm interested. Let me know if there's any left.

20. Ringer

Ringer New Member

Cedarburg Wisconsin is a nice place. I dated a girl from Milwaukee and would take special trips up there for the winery tour. Now that I know Proraso Red is up there, I may have to make a special trip. I will be waiting until this cold front passes, too. :D