Proraso Scent

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by FortWayneShaver, Sep 17, 2012.

1. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I am tempted to buy this blind, but I still have no idea what it smells like. Can anyone describe then scent of this aftershave?

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Which one? The green label has quite a hefty eucalyptus scent to it, and the white label is....hmmm I suppose hefty tea tree scent. If you happen to be near somewhere that sells the soaps you'll have an idea of the scents.

3. FortWayneShaver

I was looking at the new Green label. I don't want a clone of the cream, though. I was hoping for a more barbershoppy scent, if that makes sense.

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Unless the blue label has a different scent I don't think any of the Proraso A/S really smell barbershop like. RazoRock baby blue and floid blue are good bets but a little on the pricey side compared to Proraso. I think boosters has a classic scent as well.

5. cbrenner

cbrenner Member

I Love the Proraso after shave scent. It is powdery. I feel that it is light and fresh. If you buy it and don't like it I will buy it from you.

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The blue label supposedly has a licorice scent to it.

7. FortWayneShaver

Which Boosters? I looked and they are quite affordable, but I am unsure of which one to get.

If blue smells like licorice, it certainly isn't for me!

8. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

It's interesting how differently people perceive scents. Proraso is hands down my favorite aftershave fragrance. Proraso Splash does contain some eucalyptus but I don't feel that it smells of eucalyptus at all, unlike the soap and cream. I hate the smell of eucalyptus but love Proraso splash. Great, clean, masculine fragrance with some light citrus notes in there but impossible for me to compare to anything. Just try it! It also contains witch hazel so it is good for soothing the skin.

9. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I like the Boosters splashes, but the scent lasts just briefly. Mosswood is nice for cold weather and June Clover, refreshing anytime. I just tried a sample of Polar Ice and it really has that old timey barber shop scent. Floid Blue isn't that expensive for the amount you get and if you get an atomizer with it (http://www.italianbarber.com sells them) it will last a long, long time. Boosters though is extremely inexpensive. Floid's scent last longer.

10. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Go to http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com and get a one ounce sample of each, though now he's only listing 5. He most times has the full line. June Clover's my favorite.

11. FortWayneShaver

Thanks!