Proraso Shaving Cream Green --- VS --- Proraso Shaving Soap Green

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by idan, Aug 8, 2020.

?

Proraso Shaving Cream Green --- VS --- Proraso Shaving Soap Green

1. Proraso Shaving Cream

2. Proraso Shaving Soap

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

Which do you prefer the Proraso Cream or Proraso Soap?
    Where is there more slickness and a thicker foam?
    which one less dries the face?
    I have sensitive skin and dry skin and thick beard, of the series I prefer only the green because of the smell and menthol ..
    Many Thanks Have a Nice Day [​IMG]

Proraso Cream (Green)
    [​IMG]

Proraso Shaving Soap (Green)
    [​IMG]

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have used both and now only use the cream. Lathers better; is slicker and doesn't leave any residue on my razors.

Jim99, idan and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

:signs011:

Primotenore and idan like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

the soap tubs are available at the drug stores here .i usually get one for christmas every year..i have a few.the cream i have to buy on line.i find the cream slicker and easier to make a fabulous lather with. the soap is good to but a little more finicky to get just right,more time involved and easier to drown.the aftershave is awesome..

Primotenore and idan like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

yep............

Primotenore, idan and brit like this.
  6. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Actually It's the same.
    Just into "cream" tube is better stored and works better.
    I prefer it.

7. brit

brit in a box

that makes sense..

idan likes this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Casting a vote for the soap only because I have yet to try the cream...looks like I should give it a try.

idan and brit like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

C/O Bigelow cream is a rebranded version of that Proraso cream. If I had to vote I'd go for the cream since I been using C/O Bigelow for years almost exclusively except between the errant gifted or acquired to get the piece I wanted in a lot for soaps.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and idan like this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I've tried both and like both. For me it's a draw

11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd also add the only reason I never tried the soap is the cream worked well enough so I never bothered to venture beyond. With that said I'd try both unless it is a cost or lack of supply issue. If anything depending the brush or brushes you have by working with both you'll find out which one(s) are good and deficient. I find my cheap $10 special badger hair brush is still the best regardless of cream or soap (soft or pucks) though I have to say I recently bought a vintage synthetic brush with a nylon knot and it is quite good also not at the same level as the badger but better than a horsehair or boar and supposedly some of the modern synthetic knots are supposed to be equal to most badger brushes now.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements just released an "homage" tribute scent of Proraso Green in a shaving soap. PAA is stating that the Proraso Green shaving cream doesn't quite capture the smell of the 'green' aftershave from Proraso and so feel that their shaving soap should attempt to do a real match. Also, PAA made a longer lasting smelling aftershave and even a parfum so that other people can smell it like it's a cologne. I think it's a great idea. I think the Proraso Green scent is 'nice', but I have a whole collection of expensive colognes. If someone really likes the Proraso Green scent then you better buy this plus a few extra's because you know PAA often discontinues scents after a production run and they might never come back.

Ksblazer and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  13. Primotenore

Article Team
    I find them not at all the same. Texture, lather-results.

Lancre, ischiapp and brit like this.
  14. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Foam ?? ...it is Lather

15. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Just because the aluminium tube is way better to store the product.
    It's something about the physics, not the chemistry.
    Formulas are equals.

16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Just out of curiosity, the cream and the soap are the exact same thing? But the cream doesn't leave that nasty white film over everything?

Just making sure I got the facts straight.

17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Cream:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 08.14.45.png
    Bowl:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 08.15.04.png
    I rest my case.

Lancre, PLANofMAN and Jim99 like this.
  18. Primotenore

Article Team
    See post #17

19. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I must be doing something wrong with the soap 'cause it works just as well as the cream for me.

Primotenore likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    You aren't "doing" anything wrong. No one is saying that one is "better" than the other. In my case, I prefer the cream---mostly, because it leaves a white film over my razor and I find the cream to be slightly slicker. You should enjoy whatever products please you.

Lancre likes this.