Proraso Soap in the Tub, Green or White?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Manticore, Aug 7, 2011.

?

Proraso Soap in the Tub, Green or White, which do you prefer?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2011.
  1. Green

41.7%
  2. White

50.0%
  3. No preference

8.3%
  1. Manticore

Manticore Member

Which do you prefer?

crackstar likes this.
  2. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

The white has a clean soapy kind of smell and it leaves my face feeling good for the rest of the day. Also it was the first soap I bought.

crackstar likes this.
  3. herzi

herzi Active Member

Pro White:
    -scent
    -better skin care
    -less menthol
    -gift from Jeff ;)

Pro Green:
    Can't find anything ;)

crackstar likes this.
  4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I've used both and really can't take either one anymore lol....

I like the scent of the regular one the best...

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just finished a shave now with the white, and it felt like heaven. Not as cooling as the green, but still cooling enough.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Crackstar / Jeff tried sending me the white on two different occasions and both were lost in the system. I will get around to trying it one day but in the meantime, the green is good stuff.

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

At this time I have to cast my vote for the green as I've been using it for the past 10-years. However, I'm open minded and will try the product in the white tub. Does anyone know if the product in the white tub is the same product that is in the red tube?

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

It's not the same.

9. crackstar

Not really. The white bowled soap has a more pleasant scent, (at least to me!) and a better and more comfortable skincare. It's quite mentholated, in fact somewhat more than the red tube cream version. Both are excellent, but I prefer the white bowl soap.

10. Tiggercat

Tiggercat New Member

Love the scent of the white, especially when combined with the white pre/post.

scott wein and crackstar like this.
  11. crackstar

An excellent and very true point!

12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I have smelled the green and that scent is not for me at all. I have yet to find a white tub available around me... When I do I will make it a purchase for sure.

13. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Virtually every Shopper's Drug Mart in and around Toronto, that I've been in, seems to always have both green tub and white tub side by side on the shelf. Not in your area?

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Nope. Doesn't seem to be as much in Guelph. However they are slowly growing. Saw my first Proraso Tube awhile ago not the tub. So it is a step in the right direction.

15. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Dang white and green are neck and neck!

I really wish the Red was still around, but JoAnna's Wheat will do!

16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, I tried the Proraso in the white tub this morning. I still prefer the product in the green tub or tube. To each their own.

17. Gillu

Gillu Member

I have tried both and I must admit the white one is different. Less menthol but has its own special (less classic) smell. I'm kind of addicted to the green one though.

18. Smooth

Smooth Member

My first soap is the green (currently using) and really enjoy using it. May try the white down the road...

19. crackstar

At 1 point, I'll use the White bowl this week.

20. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

Green was my first soap, like a lot of others, and I still like it alot after over a year. I got a tub of white not too long ago, used it twice so far. I've heard a few people say that is smells like pumpkin seeds, and I can see what they're talking about. Maybe I got an "off" tub, but its not my favorite. I suppose I'll give it another go this week.