Proraso White Pre-Shave Review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by feeltheburn, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I went for the red pre-shave and I had a few days of growth in preparation of using it for the first time. I was really impressed with the performance. I normally just use a pre-shave for the sake of moisturizing since I have pretty dry skin but I actually found that the red pre-shave enhanced the slickness of the cream, not that it was really necessary since the cream is good enough on its own. I'd also say that it substantially softened by stubble before shaving. The best past is that it left me feeling a lot more moisturized than usual. The post-shave feel was fantastic after two passes and some touch ups.

In the past, I've used creams like Nivea and Pond's, regular pre-shave oil, and TSD pre-shave balm. The creams were completely useless. They're not even good moisturizers in general. The pre-shave oil didn't contribute much at all, and it actually sort of interfered with the lather. TSD pre-shave balm was great for preventing razor burn and pretty good at moisturizing, but it's no longer sold. I'm happy with the red pre-shave and I'll eventually try out the green and white pre-shaves. I wouldn't say it's a necessary part of anyone's routine but it's good insurance against razor burn, it helps for people with dry skin, and it smells great.

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i wash with nivea face wash then proraso white pre shave then hot towel.2-4 days stubble.works well.nice post shave feel.

Demidog likes this.