Prosaro cushioning revelation

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by richdad, Jun 25, 2019.

1. richdad

richdad Active Member

I wanted to simplify my shave soap application routine. I was looking to eliminate the intermediate step oh whipping up the lather in the bowl so I bought proraso white, having tried the green years ago when I was new to wershaving and disliking the menthol.
    Lathering directly on the face is great.
    But the main thing is the cushion and resultant shave comfort I'm getting is incredible compared to the soaps I've used. People have said they like or dislike proraso and they're are even more cushioning creams. If so what brands are more so?
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

Screwtape, johnnyflake, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

My favorite tube shave cream is C.O. Bigelow, it great!
    Two others I like a lot are Pacific Caffeinated & Palmolive Classic.

The Palmolive is kind of hard to come by, the best sources, are on eBay and it's very inexpensive, but well worth the time in process, to get it!

Screwtape likes this.
  3. richdad

richdad Active Member

What do you like about them? Are they cushioning and slick?

johnnyflake likes this.
  4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

The C.O.Bigelow that @johnnyflake refers to is actually rebranded ProRaso Green. Main difference is C.O.Bigelow shows up on sale quite regularly in The Body Shop.

I have always like TOBS creams. Tons of different scents, easy to lather, excellent glide and cushion, and a nice postshave skin feel. And the price isn't bad

Palmolive Classic is very nice too if you can find it..

brit, johnnyflake and richdad like this.
  5. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I do not face lather, but in a bowl, Bigelow lathers up quickly, into a very creamy, cushioning lather and it is super slick when applied.

Both the Pacific and Palmolive are about the same, but not as much, to extreme as is Bigelow.

You should be well satisfied with any of these, but as I mentioned, Bigelow is my top choice.

brit and richdad like this.
  6. richdad

richdad Active Member

Thanks for the advice johnnyflake and screwflake. I must say the proraso sure beats the popular top rated soaps I've used for years.

7. brit

brit in a box

i just received and used proraso red cream in a tube recently. fantastic slick lather..only had the red tub soap.. the cream is better so far but i would have to do comparison tests to be certain..

richdad likes this.
  8. richdad

richdad Active Member

Thanks!

brit likes this.