Pumpkin Pie or Sweet Potato Pie?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Queen of Blades, Nov 13, 2011.

?

Pumpkin Pie or Sweet Potato Pie?

1. Pumpkin Pie

55.2%
  2. Sweet Potato Pie

44.8%
  1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Proper grammar can go a long way when trying to be sarcastic.

2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Someone really needs to create a universally acceptable sarcasm font!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

No me gustan los comentarios de Wayne...

5. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Not rude as much as humor. Have a great day!

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Just for the record, I made both for Thanksgiving. (OK, daughter actually made the pumpkin pie with supervision). If someone asks if you want Pumpkin or Sweet Potato pie, the most accurate answer is "yes!".

Williams Warrior likes this.
  7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Same here. My wife made a sweet potato pie after we talked about this thread. The sweet potato was definitely good, but it's not going to replace pumpkin on my taste buds! Will I turn down a piece of sweet potato, no most likely not. But if pumpkin is around then it will get dibs!

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I voted for pumpkin because thats what we had.....I am casting no aspersions in any direction....I love both....But the facts are....we had pumpkin pie and it WAS FANTASTIC..!!!

9. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

Ive never had a pumpkin pie I didn't like.
    Ive never had a sweet potato pie. Period.

So my choice is pretty obvious :p

10. Howard

Howard Active Member

Me too and I LOVE pie. Can someone send me a recipe? If it turns out good, I'll be growing sweet potatoes next year!

11. Howard

Howard Active Member

My wife uses canned pumpkin and sugar in the pies. She and I differ on this matter. I prefer to use a fresh pumpkin quartered and cooked in the oven and about half the sugar she uses but with a little added maple syrup. She is starting to come around though as we've stopped using boughten crusts and she's now using her Mom's crust recipe. I also prefer fresh ground cinnamon and nutmeg ground up in the coffee grinder. I LOVE PUMPKIN PIE! She'll make the pies if I sing the Pie Song which I adapted from the movie Michael.

12. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I go with Pumpkin. The daughter is allergic to sweet potatoes (among many other things) so we kinda avoided it like the plague.

The daughter went thru an "American Girl' books phase way back when and we got into the original 1600-1700's pumpkin or Norfolk million pie (million being the old English word for a melon). Not bad at all but definitely different form today's pumpkin pie. More like a vegetable pie than a dessert.