Pumpkin Soup

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Michael_W, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I recently had the opportunity to cook up a batch of this in my crock pot. The recipe was fairly simple, with only seven ingredients. Turned out rather well. But with Autumn on us I thought I'd open up a thread on Fall soups. What do you like in cold weather? Have you or the spouse made anything similar?

2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife made pumpkin soup last year. It was pretty good, but we grew tired of it after a few bowls. We still have some in the freezer, so we are planning to pull it out now that Fall has arrived.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

3. Michael_W

The batch I made was on the sweet side, both from the canned pumpkin I used and the maple syrup called for by the recipe. The recipe called for minced garlic and diced shallots, but I didn't have the shallots so I substituted thyme, sage, and paprika.

4. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

I really want to make pumkin soup....but pumkin tarts are winning so far in the "what to make this weekend" category.

Do you all use halloween pumpkins or the sugar/baking pumkins for soup? I find baking pumkins are hard to come by compared to canned stuff. I also read somewhere that much canned pumkin is made from hubbard squash which is interesting.

5. Michael_W

The recipe I used called for sugar pumpkins, but all I had was canned. I see no reason not to use a Halloween pumpkin though.

mvd likes this.