Qshave Parthenon - It's here! (quick review)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by T_I, May 29, 2018.

1. ainako

ainako New Member

DesertTime likes this.
  2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

lol that was the exact same design as the Parthenon in the very beginning, they even had the same lather holes openings.... Makes me wonder if Weishi now goes against QShave considering they worked together on the project and the have split

DesertTime likes this.
  3. ainako

ainako New Member

I would have gotten the weishi if it were black chrome. I’m not a fan of matte finish razors, to me, they have a drag feel that’s undesirable as a headshaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Here's Ruds' review.

5. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Heh. Saved it on my wish list. I still am curious to try the Parthenon, but the drainage holes for the Weishi make it more attractive.

6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I think the reason why we don't see the black version available from Parthenon is because its sold out, the chrome still have some left they say they are redesigning the head to add proper lathering holes. Most likely the next batch will be with proper lather holes

7. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I have a Parthenon adjustable and I am sorely disappointed. It simply is far, far too aggressive with far, far too much blade exposure. Is it adjustable? Yes, it is from very rough and aggressive to ridiculously rough and aggressive. Every blade I have tried in this razor simply doesn't work without plenty of weepers and blood letting. I do not like it one bit! Don't be fooled by the oh boy it's cheap fan boys on the shaving sites! The razor looks good, is well made and seems to be very appealing on first look. Just don't shave with it unless you truly like aggressive harsh razors. I wonder if that person really exists? I think not! That' s MHO!!!!

Frijolero, PLANofMAN and DesertTime like this.
  8. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I'm one of the totally underwhelmed group related to the razor. BUT I was an early enough supporter that mine came with a Brazillion Feather blades and those are great.

Frijolero and DesertTime like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I didn't find it very rough and aggressive on setting one. I tend to like milder razors. The adjustment feature is wasted on me as I wouldn't want it higher than 1. I would say that it starts out just below a red tip for aggressiveness and quickly leaps past the R41 when you turn the dial. If I remember right, I had to ride the top cap when I opened it up to 4.

I get that the majority of experienced wet shavers prefer aggressive razors, but I don't understand why companies feel the need to produce razors that are aggressive and adjustable.

Is it really that hard to make an adjustable that starts the same as a Gillette adjustable, follows the same progression, and then adds an extra bit of twist to take it to 11?

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Apparently they are redesigning the head again. Not sure if it will impact aggressiveness, but I tend to like a lot of blade feel as long as the blade doesn't chatter. I paid for mine on June 11th, and after inquiring for the third time, was told it should ship by the end of September. Not sure why they have this available to purchase if they don't have them available.

AGHisBBS likes this.