Qshave & Weishi partner up. Parthenon TTO adjustable.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just go to the Kickstarter site, punch in “Parthenon” in the search box and you’re good to go.... :)

chrisgeeo, RyX and MR41 like this.
  2. Str8on2

Qshave sent out this update to subscribers about the Parthenon razor and a customizable feature that they are offering subscribers (backers) free of charge. I'm not interested in such a thing, but to those that might be interested in a custom engraving for their razor it's available at no extra charge.

Make It Personal
    Posted by QSHAVE (Creator)
    We hope you will like Parthenon razor as we do. As the razor already has all the features such as adjustable function, elegant design, premium material, butterfly open, balance control, magnet end etc., how can we make it better? Right, we are going to make it PERSONAL.

linked_image(2).JPG
    Laser engrave the Parthenon razor with up to 15 letters. You can put your or your beloved one's name on the open tops.

linked_image(3).JPG

How can I get the laser engraving service?

Very simple.

If you are already our backer, just share our Kickstart project page via your Facebook and Twitter. And then send us your post link via Kickstarter message, including the letters you want to put on the razor. No other cost.

If you are not our backer yet, just pledge any reward includes the Parthenon razor, share our Kickstart project page via your Facebook and Twitter. And then send us your post link via Kickstarter message, including the letters you want to put on the razor. No other cost.

What languages do you support?

We support all the languages, just send us the words up to 15 letters.

What fonts can I choose?

Now we support Arial and Helvetica. If you have special requirement, please contact us, and we will check if we can do it.

Can I engrave a picture?

Sorry, only letters.

Is it going to change the timeline?

No, it will still be delivered in June 2018 within our timeline.

RyX and MR41 like this.
  3. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So shiny...

As for engraving... "Bad Ass" seems like a good option. "Sexy and I know it" almost fits! Or do the spaces not count?

Str8on2 likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very cool and very tempting!

Str8on2 and MR41 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Even though I like shorter handles, it is interesting.............

6. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Looks interesting though I think I’ll let the Kickstarter crowd help them work the bugs out first. For a few bucks more I’d probably just get the Parker Adjustable and wait and see what happens with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DesertTime and MR41 like this.
  7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Annoying because it means if you don't have a Facebook AND Twitter account, you can't get it.

RyX likes this.
  8. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Well, they've already gotten nearly double their goal amount, and it's not even 2nd of April yet! Too bad I won't be able to contribute to their crowd-funder until the 5th. Oh well. I'll definitely keep this in mind for when it's officially released.

9. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I try never to use either Facebook or Twitter although I do have accounts at both simply for testing.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. Keldrin

Keldrin New Member

I asked them. I only have facebook. They said one was enough. Someone else commented they don't have either. They responded asking what social networks they did use. So they may be willing to accept something else.

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hey! I have a livejournal! :)

12. Str8on2

Here is something interesting. An optional black handled version of the Parthenon Adjustable.

Project Update #4: Parthenon Razor - adjustable for superb shaving comfort by QSHAVE

FCD14E9D-4D9E-4585-9C19-B34286694BAF.jpeg 21B42DC3-EEA6-4260-BD9E-DEDD8ECB9152.jpeg 36A0AAEA-D8CB-455A-AE54-6B24DD1DD381.jpeg
    A071FF23-8783-49F7-B968-3558BB8A4E34.jpeg

Production Update:

The first tooling sample will be ready on 25th March, and we will check the tolerance, adjustable function test, and assembly test. Usually the tooling needs two or three modifications before mass production.

Keithmax, Jim99 and RyX like this.
  13. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Hopefully that black coating wont turn out like the first run of the Parker adjustable

14. Str8on2

Only one way to find out. Hey, we're talking $50. I'm not expecting OneBlade, Timeless, ATT or Blackland quality. But if it's close, I'm not going to complain. Good shave, decent quality? I can live with that......

DesertTime and Jim99 like this.
  15. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

When looking at the pictures, there is one thing disturbing me: there is no proper lather and stubble exit slot, just a few small holes! It looks like this one will require plenty of rinsing.

16. Str8on2

Funded....
    Let's hope they can deliver by June... :signs002:

Update #5

Apr 2 2018

Project Funded!

8 likes

Hey all,

Thanks for all our backers' support! Parthenon razor has been funded!

We are working on the tooling now, and will keep you updated about the status. Try to deliver them as soon as possible!

Hope you will like the Parthenon razor as much as we do :)

Best Regards,

QSHAVE & WEISHI Team

Jim99, Linuxguile, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  17. Str8on2

Project Update #6: Parthenon Razor - adjustable for superb shaving comfort by QSHAVE

[​IMG]
    Status Update on April 11th 2018
    Posted by QSHAVE (Creator)
    Dear all,

We just got the first sample out of the tooling. Better than we expected, just few minor things need to be fixed.

I think one design change we have made needs to be mentioned here. We found the adjustable dial is little bit slippery, so we add a pattern on it. You can see it in the picture attached (brass handle without coating). Now you can easily turn it even when your fingers are wet or with shaving soap lather : )

Based on the tooling progress, we are very confident to meet the schedule (ship in June).

B6D6BE47-B894-4998-A2E8-079A9DC1026D.jpeg

18. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

this new update will match better with the black handle due to the similar handle pattern

Str8on2 and DesertTime like this.
  19. Str8on2

+1. Agreed

20. Str8on2

Just a quick update on the Parthenon Adjustable razor.
    Yesteday, on their KS follow thread, I posted a question to the creators of the Parthenon razor concerning the lather exits/holes on the bottom of the razor. A member had mentioned it previously here that it might be an issue with clogging and rinsing, can't remember who the member was, but I asked as it was a valid point and here was their response:

Missing avatar
    Augustin J. about 20 hours ago
    Looking forward to this razor and how it will shave. If it performs as good as it looks, this can change the wet shaving landscape in terms of quality, performance and affordability. From your last update on April 11th, are you still on target to meet the projected delivery time frame of June? Also, if I may ask. Is there a reason for going to circular lather/hair exits rather than the traditional longer, rectangular or ovalized lather slots that run the length of the razor under the safety bar? Would those exit holes make rinsing out the razor more necessary than others? Not saying that it won't work, just would like to know if you see an advantage over the traditional lather slot exits. Thanks in advance....

Regards,
    Augustin

QSHAVE Creator about 4 hours ago
    @Augustin J, yes we are still in the schedule. Actually the first 300 pcs are already in the coating process, and will be assembled in early May [​IMG]

About the circular exits (if I understand it correctly you are referring to the eight holes on the bottom of the blades holder), these exits were designed for rinsing the razor, and we were hoping these holes could guide the water flow, and keep the razor dry. After dozens of testing, we found out they weren't helping, and might be chocked up with the mix of lather/hair. We have removed these exits on the mass production versions. But don't worry, the razor has plenty open areas on the both sides and bottom, the razor can be easily rinsed.

So, to their credit they did some R&D and figured out that the lather holes were a no go. Now, concerning the exits on the sides if that will suffice, I don't know. And I don't see any other exits on the bottom of the base plate unless they are incorporating that into their production models. Remains to be seen. On another note, they are on schedule to getting these razors out. Good news, I think....

Keithmax likes this.