Queen of Charlotte Soaps Briar

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by sas71, Dec 31, 2010.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

Price: $12.00 + SH for 5oz is a great price considering the jar is filled to the brim and its dense so it should last a long time.

Quality: I think this will hang with anything out there.

Scent: This is an aromatic pipe tobacco scent. A strong base note of tobacco is rounded out with hints of vanilla and blended with blasts of cherry to ensure a scent that is reminiscent of the pipe your grandfather used to smoke". When I opened the jar i was hit with an intense rush of candied cherries. Upon lathering I smelled the faint scent of tobacco and vanilla. Cherry is the dominant note.

Latherability: Swirl the brush on the soap itself. It lathers up nice and thick.

Efficacy: The lather is nice and thick. The razor just glided through it with no problems.

Moisturizing: N/A since I have oily skin.

Packaging: Looks good to me. Whats inside is what counts.

I gotta say Im always skeptical to try new things from local artisans. My track record isnt so good. Usually the problems I have had have been the same..I get a slight burning sensation from too much fragrance oil used. I know a lot of you guys like the scent to stay with you for a while. I do too but I usually pay a price for it. Well this cream is heavily scented and knock on wood no burn. Its nice to support the local guys to and QCS is in my home state of NC. I like it. Smells darn good to. Would I buy again..yes. I think this soap will find its way into a lot of people's homes.

Attached Files:

2. sas71

sas71 Member

not sure why these didnt load with the review..too big maybe?

Attached Files: