Question About Chiseled Face Splashes

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by dustmite, Aug 19, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

With fall rapidly approaching, I'm looking at some cooler weather scents. I absolutely LOVE Ghost Town Barber soap, and have been looking at the matching AS splash. How is the skincare with this, and how long will the scent stick around?

2. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

This is a good question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Excellent on both counts, IMHO

[​IMG]

4. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I think they're decent, as far as quality goes. I got two samples (soap & A/S), the Ghost Town Barber, and Midnight Stag. I do like the GTB. Not my favorite scent in the world, but decent. The Midnight Stag....I'll put it this way; My wife said I can wear that when she isn't at home! One thing I find interesting with the A/S - when you apply it, there's a slow rise in "heat". It's not the same sting you get from other aftershaves, such as Pinaud. The scents from Chiseled Face definitely hang around for awhile. Not in an overbearing sort of way, but it's there. That is a plus, especially if you enjoy the scent.

5. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I only have the Sherlock, and I love it! I think it'd be an excellent fall scent (tobacco and leather).

6. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I have both GTB and Sherlock and Sherlock wil be in rotation in early October.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Same with me, I do enjoy Sherlock a tad more.

FaceScraper and dustmite like this.
  8. dustmite

Sounds like I need to check out Sherlock...

Paul Turner and FaceScraper like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

When I was in his store, I really didn't care for any of the scents. Maybe I didn't give them a good smell. I just remember thinking that his scents were off, like they were mashed up. Ever go into a convenience store as a kid and get a 32oz cup and mix all the sodas together? That's
    How I thought his scents were. The tar or oil scent was horrendous. Lol but that's just me. Maybe next week I'll stop by his store again and smell them again. Maybe I'll change my mind.

10. dustmite

@Jorvaljr, I had to "warm up" to GTB. I didn't care for it at first, but quickly warmed up to it.

FaceScraper likes this.
  11. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I think I speak for all users of CFG that Midnight Stag and Pine Tar should not be the two scents to represent CFG. They are "unique".

Ex Wife didn't like Sherlock on initial sample smell but I used it one night we did a date night and she asked what that was and when I told her she was surprised since the sample whiff was off to her.

I live in Philly but went to a state school in Nebraska. When I smell GTB I instantly smell my Nebraskan dorm. I don't even use it to shave. I smell it like a candle.

It's crazy how some scents just beam you to a place or memory.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I went in the store thinking I might buy one of his soaps, but I was so put off I couldn't do it. I liked his prices on some other stuff and was going to buy another brand, but felt bad so I didn't buy anything.

FaceScraper likes this.
  13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I love me the scents, and his splashes are great. The soaps to me, are kinda meh.

14. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. It has grown on me, but still don't love it. I used the A/S this morning (mid-morning-ish). From time to time, I still smell it. So, there ya go! It lasts awhile!

Paul Turner and dustmite like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I saw recently that GTB aftershave is out of stock on the Maggard site.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    dustmite likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

I had Midnight Stag in the summer...wrong time(for me). Like frying a leather-smelling egg on my neck(and face). Had Sherlock at the same time, that was A LITTLE better, but both would be best in the winter.

17. ddillas

ddillas New Member

The Sherlock for me has great staying power. I've had peopleadd me what I'm wearing 4+ hours after a shave. But it's kind of one of those scents that's a little off when smelling straight from the bottle, like Lucky Tiger Aspen, but on dry down it becomes pretty awesome. As to the AS performance, I would put it right there with the products from Fine Accoutrements.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

18. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Summer Storm is a scent I've been searching for for a while and I love. I believe this is my favorite petrichor scent, and i own a few. An earlier post mentions how certain scents can take you back to different memories. This scent takes me back to being a kid and playing outside on our cement driveway right when it starts to rain. Another is Midnight Stag. This is a bold scent. For whatever reason it reminds me of the smell of when I was a kid and my Dad and I would go to a local hardware.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, NTR and dustmite like this.
  19. Paul Turner

As this thread is on Chiseled Face, I'm proud to report I just got my order from WCS-Chiseled Face A.S.& Shave Soap!.

dustmite likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Finally got my CF GTB duo!! I love the brown color on of the soap lid.

Bobcat and dustmite like this.