Question about Pinaud Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by LifesShort, Oct 28, 2013.

1. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

I love the smell of Pinaud Clubman after shave. More importantly, my wife loves it! The problem is that the scent fades away far too quickly. Is this scent available in a cologne or EdT that I'm not aware of? I sure would like to find this, or something very similar, in a longer lasting formula.

JazzDoc likes this.
  2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

This is the first post that I've ever read that Clubman fades quickly. Most people think that it is too strong.

Heloguy and LifesShort like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Canoe is the one for you.:)

4. LifesShort

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find some locally.

Hanzo likes this.
  5. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Good luck friend, I have been looking everywhere for Canoe, I don't know if they even make it any more.
    If anybody knows where to find it, please post!

LifesShort likes this.
  6. LifesShort

I can find it on Amazon easy enough, but I would really like to find it locally, if possible. After a little research, it seems that Big Lots and Rose's are two places that may have it. There is a Rose's not far from my office, so I plan to stop by there on the way home.

7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Good deal, I hope you score. I love canoe and clubman but my wife absolutely hates Clubman

LifesShort likes this.
  8. Williams Warrior

Walmart carries Canoe in their Cologne and Perfume aisle.

Queen of Blades and LifesShort like this.
  9. LifesShort

Good to know. I'll check it out. Thanks!

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I don't wear Clubman very much because it's so strong. I love the skincare though.

LifesShort likes this.
  11. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I have to say, had I read the comparisons between Clubman and Canoe earlier, I wouldn't have purchased Clubman. I'm glad that, to my sensibilities, they smell different. I agree with others that (again, to my sensibilities) it's surprising you find Clubman's scent to be fleeting.

LifesShort likes this.
  12. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

I too love the Clubman scent! I apply it to my chest and it seems to last most of the day.

I would imagine if you asked the nice lady at the TSD store. She could make you some Clubman type cologne and might even could get some soap or cream to match.

13. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Not here, I have 3 super wally worlds , numerous walgreens and cvs stores and none carry canoe. Im gonna try kmart if I have time this week.

LifesShort likes this.
  14. LifesShort

I struck out at Roses and Walmart. Maybe stores will have gift sets as the holidays approach.

15. Williams Warrior

That's surprising as they always have it at mine. It must vary by state.

LifesShort likes this.
  16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it is fading away? Just because you can't smell it anymore doesn't mean others can't smell it..

17. LifesShort

If it were just me, I would agree with you. However, if I put it on then go run errands for a couple of hours, my wife cannot smell it on me even if she gets real close.

I took the advice of Weeper Warrior and splashed it on my chest this morning. Now, 6 hours after my shave I can still catch a whiff every now and then. I know that I'm not wreaking of it, though, because I checked with one of my coworkers who I know would be very honest with me. Apparently, I've been putting it on wrong. I've always just put after shave on my face and neck since that is what I shaved. It never would have occurred to me to put a little on my chest as well.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I don't particularly mind the Clubman scent. It is definitely an 'old barber shop' scent, one that has my sons constantly reminding me every time I decide to use it.
    "Dad, you smell like an old man today...." "Did Grandpa just come in here?" and my personal favorite..."Who opened the attic door?" (our attic has a distinct stuffy, moth-ball smell). :rofl:

Carbide Mike, RyX, RetLEO-07 and 3 others like this.
  19. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

When I wear Clubman, my wife says I smell like the ashtray at the Lion's Club :)

20. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

I have several Clubman scents and I don't find them fleeting at all. I love every single one but the wife doesn't really care for any of them. She does like Canoe though. ;)

LifesShort likes this.