Question about Pinaud Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by LifesShort, Oct 28, 2013.

1. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

A big thank you to Hanzo! I found Canoe at our local K-Mart. Believe it or not, they already have their Christmas gift sets out. They had an after shave/cologne gift set as well as a bottle of EdT.

2. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

All this talk about Canoe, now I've got to try it. It never ennnnnnnnds! lol

LifesShort likes this.
  3. LifesShort

It really does smell very, very similar to Clubman. I really like it.

4. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

AHHHHHHHH! I take this back. I just looked at the price at Kmart. $23.49 for 4 oz's. I can get eight times that amount of Clubman for that price. I think I'll just stick with smelling like the Lion's Club ashtray. lol

LifesShort likes this.
  5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Wow, I only paid like $8.00 for my bottle of Canoe edt.

LifesShort likes this.
  6. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Kmart online is showing $23.49. I guess that what happens when you team up with Sears.

7. LifesShort

Yeah, it is $23.49 in the store, but it is EdT. 4 oz should last a really long time. But, I opted for the gift set. It had 2 oz each of after shave and cologne.

8. LifesShort

It looks like fragrancenet.com has the 4 oz edt for $14.55. Of course, they probably get you with the shipping.

9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

10. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Stopped at Kmart on my way home tonight and no canoe, crap. I agree canoe is very similar to clubman. Here's the kicker, my wife hates clubman but likes canoe.
    And speaking of lions club ashtray, While at kmart I sniffed Aqua Velva ice blue (I think it was ice blue) and it had an old timey smell ( which I like)

LifesShort likes this.
  11. LifesShort

I love Aqua Velva. It's definitely an old timey smell, though.

12. Grick

Grick Active Member

You can always apply some AS to your clothes. The fragrance lasts longer on clothes.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Digging up an old thread, but I've heard that AS and/or cologne scent will hold longer if applied to your hair. Dab some on your sideburns and the back of your neck, maybe even your chest.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Who opened the attic door? Now, that is funny!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

I wear clubman most days. Yesterday my wife kissed me good bye right after I put it on, she said she could smell me for hours.. She doesnt mind the smell, but she likes to smell like a girl. I think it last for a while.

I am looking for the Virgin Island Bay Rum local, I cant find it. I dont want to purchase it on line and not know the scent first.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

You are the first person i have ever heard say that clubman fades too quickly. For me, it seems to last a long, long time. But i have two thoughts:

1) splash some on your shirt. Frangrances always last longer on cloth.

2) splash more. Its not expensive...let loose, don't be afraid.

I love clubman too. Long live pinaud

17. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Canoe aftershave and their cologne have the "barbershop" scent of Clubman that you're looking for.............

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

One way to keep the "scent" alive is to use Clubman shampoo along with it. I love the shampoo. Country Club.

19. Paul Turner

Tell her there is a reviewer on Amazon who said "This stuff(Clubman)makes babies".

20. Paul Turner

all of my aftershaves get the "back-of-neck" treatment. It does make a good addition.