Question about trades

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by mbastings, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

This may seem like an odd question, but...when it comes to trading items is it OK to offer non-shaving related items for trade. For example, I have two Crutchfield (they sell car and home audio and electronics equipment) eGift cards for $20 each, for a total of $40. I am not an audiophile, and they were a gift from a previous employer. They have no expiration, and have a code # that can be used online to purchase from their website. Since it is a reputable company, would it be OK to offer them for trade towards some shaving related items of equal value??? Any help from site mods is appreciated. I wanted to check first, since I did not want to do something that is considered inappropriate. Thanks.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Have you read the Classified section rules?

Not trying to come across as a wise guy here, that certainly is not my intention, just want to see if they are hard to find and if they make sense.

3. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

I read through them just skimming, and missed #10. So non shaving related items are ok, so long as your taking advantage of other members.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Are you sure that's what it said? :)

RaZorBurn123 and richgem like this.
  5. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

That was a paraphrase. I believe it says, "Non-shaving related items are permissible as long as the seller is not here to abuse this forum and profit from other members." So I'm taking it as a yes...someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, just trade something I'm not likely to use for some shaving gear that people may not want.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:happy093:
    You might want to read what you wrote again..:happy093:The last sentence.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And we don't mean the "your" that should be "you're." :D

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

9. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

I am confused. I have read this post a couple of times and cannot figure out what RaZorburn and richgem are trying to point out. I think mbastings is asking if he can trade non-shave related items. Should be a simple yes or no. Perhaps one of the seasoned, experienced moderators can give a quick answer.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. richgem

Mbastings is missing a "NOT" in his statement. He has ... taking advantage of other members. Should be NOT taking advantage...

Funny how the mind auto-corrects, isn't it?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

You said "so long as you ARE taking advantage of other members."

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

So in a nutshell, you should be fine as long as you promise not to take advantage of our forum members. :happy088:

13. richgem

How's that again, Bill? ;)

Dridecker likes this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

How's that again, Bill? ;)

Dridecker and richgem like this.
  15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

You gents hard of hearing? Need me to repeat myself? :rofl:

16. richgem

[​IMG]

Dridecker likes this.
  17. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

Yes...mbastings is missing a NOT in his statement. It's been a very long day and trying day :angry032:, so that was definitely a DUH :drool:moment on my part, once when posting and later when reading the replies. When I look at it now, it jumps right out at me. Very funny. As always, I can count on TSD members to brighten and lighten my day. :D

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

Just some TSD silly humor