Question about USPS

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Omelmad, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if processed through "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility" means that it left the US?

It says "Status updates beyond the United States are only available for select countries" but im not sure what it really means. I thought it means that it had left the US but as the "process ring" is not complete yet it makes my suspect that it hasn't departed that facility yet.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I believe that is code for "Your item is now on a slow boat..."

Keithmax, Macros42 and Redrock like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not necessarily. It's like a pile of paperwork on your desk - you take the top job, finish it, set it aside, take the next job, finish it, set it aside. Once all jobs are done, you take the pile to the next person. Your item may have been the "top job," processed, now just waiting to get on that slow boat @Troy M mentioned.
    Once it finally does leave the states, there may not be any tracking to follow, depends on the country it is going to. After it gets on the boat, it's anyone's guess as to where it actually is at any given time.

4. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I don't know. I have had incoming packages from Europe status as "Processed through sort facility" for up to two weeks. I have also seen "Processed through sort facility" status one day and then delivered the next. Go figure. The USPS works in strange and mysterious ways at times.:think002:

Joef and Omaney like this.
  5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

That generally means it's left the customs portion of its trip. In your case, yes, it's probably on its way out of the U.S.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

As noted above, "Processed" means either "already on the slow boat" or "waiting in the queue to get on the slow boat." It's also code for "stop checking b/c we're not going to give you any further info until it arrives at your door." ;)

7. Omelmad

Very different answers. My conclusion has not changed hahaha. "It gets here when it gets here" =)

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Thank you for all the help =) im hoping it had left the US

9. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

where is it going? Go to that countries postal service website and plug in the tracking number, odds are reasonable you will get the rest of tracking there.

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

Your package is in customs now. It will be there a couple of days. Happens with every order I get in from Europe. Sets in customs 2-4 days, then it is on its way to me. Be patient, your package will make it.

11. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

When I ship things out of the US, it pretty much shows that status once it hits customs. Rarely will it show as delivered, so the next I hear is when the recipient tells me it arrived.

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's in Sweden!! And yes that means it left the US

richgem likes this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:rofl:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

:signs011::signs011::signs011::signs011::signs011::signs011::signs011:

richgem likes this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

It will get here eventually but the slow boat first stops in China then NY.

17. Omelmad

I checked, sweden isnt on that list hehe =P

18. Omelmad

Apparently its in Sweden WUHOO!

19. Omelmad

WUHOO! =D this is great, i just wanted to know where it it approximately!

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

You should be able to track the package thru the Swedish Postal System from this point forward.