Question about workout routine.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, May 8, 2017.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I am basically following Fat Meets Fire and his beginner workout routines on YT. These are:

PUSH:
    Flat BB/DB Bench: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Standing DB/BB OHP: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Incline DB/BB Bench: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Dips: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Chest Fly Machine: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Seated DB Side Raises: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Super set: Rope Press Down / Face Pulls
    3 sets: 8-12 reps

PULL:
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns/Pull Ups: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Standing Cable Straight Arm Lat Pullover: 3 sets: 8-10 reps.
    Seated Cable Row: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    DB 1 Arm Rows: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Shrugs: 5 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets: 8-12 reps
    Supinated Curls/Curls: 3 sets: 8-12 reps

However, couple of questions:

What if the gym doesn't have some of the equipment/machines required for the whole routine (like the machine for the pulldowns in PULL section)? Will it be fatal if some of these exercises are skipped, or there still will be results?

Also, do these exercises need to be done in that particular order as shown above or I can basically go and start with whatever one I like? Will there still be results?

I know that my questions are related to those specific routines, but I found them useful for my workout and they give me purpose when I go to the gym.

Thank you and appreciated!

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I wish I could offer better or even specific advice, but I am still figuring things out after 19 months. You should be able to find something equivalent without too much trouble. Head to google and see what fills the bill and works for you. Doing anything will be better than sitting on the couch. Skipping something won't be fatal, but you will want some exercise to hit that a spot and avoid being imbalanced. Consistency is key and also the hardest part to maintain.

That seems like a pretty big workout compared to what works for me. I have been going 4 or 5 days a week and try for one primary compound lift and fill in with a few supporting exercises. I usually spend about 45-50 minutes and aim for 5 exercises per session. It is about all I can maintain for the long term.

Best of luck.