Question for “Senior” Wet-Shavers re: Whisker Growth

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Rufus T., Jun 9, 2016.

1. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

At, 69 yrs old I think I've discovered that drinking draft beer increases waist lines and all that white hair growth. I hate to wear out my shirt collars and now I'm wondering if I may have to shave 2 times each day to preserve those collars? What used to be soft whiskers have turned into short stubbly wires even after a close shave? Blades never last more than 2 shaves. They just get too damn dull. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it!! So, no I don't think growing old has anything to do with whiskers except for color and toughness. But, don't get me started on those damn nose and ear hairs. I wish I could transplant them onto my hair line!!! Then I could maybe be like old pictures of Fabio?

PickledNorthern and Demidog like this.
  2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I'm 69. Just retired a few months ago. I am shaving three times a week now vs daily - why: because I can. Also just got back into DE shaving. Each of those shaves becomes a ritual of personal pleasure - strictly "me time". I close the bathroom door and the only one allowed in is Maggie the English Mastiff. She doesn't judge. As for beard growth - I'm finding that my hair is now growing faster and more dense everywhere except on top of my head. My beard growth is certainly more robust than it was when I was in my 20s. But then it could be because of my special diet - red meat and whiskey.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  3. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

According to Walgreen's I'm a senior, but the truth is I'm still a Sophomore at heart.

Robyflexx likes this.