question for the headbladers

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by peacefrog, Oct 5, 2007.

1. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I get great results with my headblade using Sensor cartridges. The problem is that they don't last long because they get gunked up. And, being spoiled by the low cost of DE blades, the cost of these cartridges just kills me. Has anyone tried the Personna equivalents, which I think are often the store brand (eg. CVS brand)?

2. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I still get the best results on my head with a Mach3, but I refuse to give in. I started using an injector about 5 weeks ago. I get good results but have to be a lot more careful. I shave it in the shower blind, ATG only. The injector is just a lot easier for me to control (on the head) than a DE. I did try the store brand cartridges when I used a headblade and they didn't really impress me much. Seemed pretty dull from the start and got worse quick. I don't remember which store brand though, sorry.

3. 79 300sd

79 300sd New Member

I've only shaved my head a few times, in order to make fun of my foreman at work.

I thought that the headblade was pretty dull, and ended up using a schick quattro with pretty good results.

I did like the headslick mentholated shave cream because it seems to make the hairs stand up better, although it didn't seem to soften the hairs.

I am still using the headslick, along with gillette multiglide shave gel, and glycerin soap for some superlather.

4. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I went ahead and bought a package of CareOne Actiflexx (made by Personna) at Stop & Shop. They work just fine and are about half the price of the Sensors.

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

moved to the headshaving-subforum :)

6. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Thanks. I didn't even realize we have a headshaving section.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

no worries, mate :D

8. toeknee8

toeknee8 New Member

Mine gets clogged really easily too. Even with only two day's growth.

9. The Zook

The Zook New Member

I use the Sensor 3 disposables on my HeadBlade and Dovo Head Shaver (the ends pop off like normal cartridges). I find it's cheaper and the blades are better as well.

I pick up the 8 packs for about $9 at Wal Mart or Target.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Interesting. I never thought about doing that.

11. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Was just looking at Target tonight, they had the 4 packs on sale for $4.99

If I remember right the 8 packs at Wal Mart come out to about $1.19 a piece.

12. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

+1 This works well!

When I shave my head I do it every day. Since it is daily, I don't normally have too much of a problem with clogging up the razors. I've used the Atra blades it comes with, Sensor and the Sensor 3 disposables. I don't really see much of a difference. Now, don't get me wrong if I only shaved my head every few days or once a week I could easily see them clogging more easily.

13. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Since the Sensor cartridges have an open back unlike the Atras you should be able to flush them from the back side.
    That's what I did before I switch to a DE for all my shaving needs.