Question for the shaving-stuff traders...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Capt America, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Capt America

Capt America Member

I had an idea earlier...

Since I started this whole wet shaving thing back in January, I've done several trades... It seems like lots of folks trade, maybe not as much as TraderJoe, but I think "most" people do. One thing I've noticed is that people like to send "extras" in these trades- one of the most common "extra" item I've gotten is a tube of Palmolive red. In all honesty, I could probably go a year on just the supply of Palmolive red I have right now.

A while back I made a trade with Rick, and when it got to me I noticed the box had been re-wrapped over a few times and as I un-wrapped it, each layer had the previous shipped-to address along with the return address... It was pretty interesting seeing the box's adventure from forum member to forum member. I believe it had started with a box sent from TraderJoe to Doc, from Doc to Rick and then from Rick to me. Alas, the box ended when it got to me, because Rick had wrapped the heck out of that thing and it took some tearing to get into. But it was pretty interesting to think about where the box had been, and that I know these guys from the forum.

So I was considering, on my next trade to label one of my Palmolive tubes as "The Traveler" and basically sending a short letter, with my name, city/state, possibly date, probably shaving forum visited most often(since I'm sure plenty of inter-shaveforum trading is going on) and proposing it not be used. But instead, signed(name, location, forum, same as me) and sent along to the next person. In a way, sort of like a chain letter, but instead of worrying about dying in 5 days, or your crush not falling in love with you if you don't send it to at least 5 other people(this will really make sense to people who had used AOL in the late 90s) you get to see where it has been and the people that you've talked with on these shave forums who have also had it. Maybe even propose that every several months or so, someone post the list of where all it has been for those who had gotten it and sent it along.

Basically, I'm wanting some opinions on whether this sounds interesting to anyone or if it sounds rather cheesy and something you would just throw away upon reading.

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

If it works, it would be a very unique chance to see just how interconnected the community was!

Doesn't sound overly cheesy to me, sounds kind of interesting actually!

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

hahahaahahahahah :rofl oh man, that is hilarious!

I think this is a great idea Kevin ::

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I like the idea

I give it two thumbs up :)

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like a cool idea to me.

6. steamroller of funk

steamroller of funk New Member

Good Idea not that i trade, but who knows what the future holds.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Great idea, me like :D

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

2 snaps up !

Great idea, laddie ::

9. Will

Will Nevermind

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJJgM23gLh8[/ame]

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard