Quiet!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Jeez it has been quiet in here last few days... Waken up ppl ! :)

Shaver X, brit and RyX like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

3. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Spring time! Some of us living closer to the Equator have lawns already in need of tending. For those up North the snow should be thawing soon so they can get the cabin doors open.

Hembree, Shaver X, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've posted more in the last few days than I have in the month before that.

*Goes back to ebay.*

Keithmax, BigMark83, RyX and 6 others like this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

People do have lives outside of the forums, even more so when the weather starts getting nice.

BigMark83, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I actually find this site to be far more quiet than some other forums that have less members. Not sure why but that's been my experience. And I'm not talking about B&B from which I was banned. I belong to this and four other forums. DFS can be quiet as well. Come to think of it, TSN can be fairly quiet as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    BigMark83, RyX and brit like this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Well, we also do a lot less (ok, massively less) arguing than some other forums. :shocked029:Tho otoh, a lower volume of posts makes it easier to stay caught up. The Dutch forum (shavingsociety.com) is comparatively quieter too. But, that's a good thing for me (an intermediate level Dutch learner) in terms of keeping up, or at least to trying to. Even right-click-translate takes up time when needed.

Keithmax, Shaver X, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That might be why the wetshaving forums as a whole are becoming more quiet, or at least a contributing factor. When people go to one of the two most problematic forums, they frequently leave or are banned in short order. While some come here, to Damn Fine Shave or The Shaving Cadre, it stands to reason that many will avoid the forums thereafter. Once shot, twice gun shy. Having only one well-mannered forum is good for The Shave Den, but not good for the wetshaving forum scene overall.

After being bounced from Squirrel & Nut or The Closed Book, people might well head to Reddit wicked_edge or YouTube (or both). Both of those venues are growing rapidly. Or it could just be that multiple social media venues are vying for user's attention. Combine that with improving outdoors weather, and the result is quietude.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's a forum I visit when I'm looking for a rowdy time. It's the dirty back alley of the internet. No filters, very little moderation, full spectrum discussion of all things current events, political, news worthy, or risque. Exact opposite with the timing. Although it's supposed to be 18+ year olds - when the warm months get going you'll see "Sure is Summer in here" meaning same or less adults, more teenagers without homework to do.

No. I won't tell you which website. :cool:

Shaver X and brit like this.