R41

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Dear all,

today I thought I would give my 2013 rose gold R41 a try, after two years of inactivity, as I remember in my novice days it used to cut me badly every time I used it.
    Shower, proraso red and a personna on its second outing, gave me a BBs in two and corrections. I used no pressure, just let the head do its job and admirably it succeeded. No cuts, no weepers, no irritation. I do like it now and I intend to put it on the rotation. I find it as aggressive as my Gillette old only not as smooth.
    It seems I have come a long way since my first attempts at DE shaving.

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good for you. Enjoy the Mühle.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy096:

4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Good work! More proof that it isn't poor tools that give bad results, but poor technique!

Yehuda D, Tdmsu, twhite and 2 others like this.
  5. dapper636

dapper636 Active Member

Stock handle or swapped out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Technique trumps hardware every time. Mostly...
    Congrats on the BBS shave.

Yehuda D and gorgo2 like this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bravo, good job. I myself never really had success with any Mühle DE because I found them too aggressive.

8. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Stock, rose gold.

9. TedBundo

TedBundo New Member

that's awesome. it took me a little time to get my technique down but now that i have, Muhle safety razors are my favorite by far

10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I have an R41 in my rotation and while it delivers an excellent shave it's not among my favorites, I find it not as smooth as other aggressive razors, and I find the head clogs more easily than any other razor I own which I find annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

11. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

I own this razor too and I love it, I find it very efficient. Kudos on getting a BBS with only two passes and clean up that's hard to do. I gave up on BBS shaves, my skin is too sensitive and it always irritates my neck something fierce. I'm good with a DFS any day of the week. Glad to hear more props for R41, it's definitely not a razor for the beginning de shaver but once your technique is spot on it's an amazing piece of equipment that truly delivers time and time again for me.

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Right on. :happy088: