RAB Scuttle: any other place to find besides EBay?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by NoahG, Apr 25, 2011.

1. NoahG

NoahG Member

I'm thinking about getting a Robert Becker RAB Scuttle (after I recover from this weekend's Shave Binge Buy-o-Rama) but he doesn't seem to be listing any more on EBay. Is there a separate site that I'm missing or something? His seem to be a little more affordable than some of the the other artisan made pieces, so the price point is a big consideration with looking into the RAB.

2. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

All ebay. Contact him via eBay and he'll rig one up for you with your color and size and type specifications.

He conveniently lives in my city so I actually got to meet the fella and request custom scuttles for me and my best friend. He's a really nice, funny guy. A blast to deal with.

He's a fast emailer too!

I don't think you'll have any problems with him. He has some crazy competitive prices, too!

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah fer shere email him for teh hook up!

4. NoahG

NoahG Member

sweet! Its gonna be at least a month or so, but now I can plan. I just wish there were some pieces up for a comparison and to help me figure out what I want.

5. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

Check out my signature, I've got one for trade right now, only used twice! Follow link to pics

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Just search " Robert Becker Scuttle " here and you'll see members RAB purchases. The best to me was a custom number by member Rkelmy , plain ivory with his initials. If you search its " Made to order Robert Becker Scuttle". Its a nice one. His colors don't generally appeal to me but the ivory is nice. His prices can't be beat.

7. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

I just spoke with him via email for a xmas gift I wanted made with a picture carved in . He indicated he was working on some more skuttles .Here are some pics of the medium skuttle he sent me

Attached Files:

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

What's his email addy? His eBay store no longer exists...

9. stingraysrock

I sent him an email asking what his status is. If he replies I will share it here.

10. IAmTheJody

Thanks Jeff!

11. stingraysrock

Here is the email to and from Robert Becker:

Hi Jeff,

Yes I remember you. Glad the scuttle is working out for you. I am still making but decided to take the time to fix up my house and a studio so I can do this the right way. I am about get back to making them again. I do have 3 to list later today. Thanks again Robert

--- On Tue, 4/26/11, Jeff Stryker wrote:

Subject: Shaving Scuttles
    To: "Robert Becker"
    Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Hi Robert. My name is Jeff Stryker. Last year I bought a purple medium scuttle from you and have used it nearly everyday since then.

A few people have asked about your scuttles and more than a few own your scuttles on the shave forum I frequent TheShaveDen.com

Here is a recent thread:

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24216

Have you gotten out of the scuttle business? Someone said your store is gone from Ebay and I cannot seem to locate it myself.

12. stingraysrock

13. IAmTheJody

Thanks again Jeff. I followed a link to his store from an older thread and eBay gave me a "that store doesn't exist" page. So I assume it changed over time. I've sent him a message just now. We exchanged messages a couple of months ago about one of his items but then I never heard back from him and didn't know how to contact him again - couldn't remember his eBay name. Now I find he did reply but it's been sitting in my junk email folder all this time.

14. stingraysrock

You are quite welcome!

15. NoahG

NoahG Member

Jeff, you are just as \m/ rockin \m/ as your stingrays!

16. stingraysrock

Cool Mang! Thanks! We are happy to have you here as well!

Now, go forth and spread The Wet Shave Love to everyone you know and invite them to join The Best Wet Shave Board On The Planet, Also Known As The Shave Den!

17. Tforc

Tforc Member

18. IAmTheJody

Can't say if it's a good price or not but I personally wouldn't pay that for that kind of very basic scuttle when one can get a proper scuttle by Becker for half the price and less depending on the size. He's got some of his small scuttles in his eBay store right now for $14.50 and $13.50.

19. Rahul

Rahul Member

ANYBODY ACTIVE HERE...!!!??
    12 Year Old Thread...!!

Iam a proud owner of Rab scuttle purchased more than 9 years ago.

Today, however while cleaning it slipped and broke...!!

Searched Robert Becker but he is nowhere to be found! He used to be on ebay from where I purchased.

20230903_163859_copy_808x1078.jpg 20230903_164247.jpg 20230903_164323_copy_803x1071.jpg

Hembree likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

@Rahul , there are plenty of Skuttle Artisans, on Etsy. Just the same designs, and some much nicer.
    Also, Amazon has a QShave ceramic one that looks very similar, for $22, free shipping.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023