Ranger Tech?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Razorhound, Nov 15, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It looks as if one of the end caps has come off.

DrStrange likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Milord Tech, right? Very nice.

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It does but here is the rub, I've seen at least 2 US made Aristocrats without the notches that have the same frankenrazor end caps on them. One that has the PAT NOS PACKAGE stamped on the head under the center bar and one without. I'd date one as a 41 and the other as a 46. I haven't come across any frankenrazors like this 48 or up thus far. I'm going with they produced a batch of heads with end caps like this in one of their factories kind of like the Otto Roth heads for whatever reasons until proven otherwise as my guess.

I'd like to say this was strictly a transition thing in the head design which is already hard to do so since the Milord is a 46 and I've also seen examples of what is a 41 Aristocrat without the notches or PAT NOS ON PACKAGE and both end caps the newer style without the crease.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm still looking for a Milady Tech.:)

Primotenore and Linuxguile like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Alright I'm stumped on the frankenrazor thing. I've just spotted 2 more on a certain auction site that have the creased and solid end caps on 58 TV special super speeds. I seriously doubt they or the others I've seen were fixed by the customers and it throws out the Otto Roth end cap theory.

edit

Mystery solved, those solid end caps are just pressed on over the creased end caps. I had no idea! Occam's razor is most likely answer so jimjo1031 for the win. Knowing that using end caps to date or identify razors is not feasible except for those riveted open comb TTO razors Gillette made.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Primotenore likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    Upon opening the box of my latest (and greatest) eBay coup, I was truly stupefied that what I had though to be a nice razor, was indeed a NOS Ranger Tech. This just goes to show how important quality pictures are to a successful sale on Ebay, The seller chose not to present this beauty in its best light. I took a few moments and polished it up. The mechanism had that NOS squeaky quality of never having been used. I lubed it up with a few drops of mineral oil and took these glamour shots. I have been fortunate enough to have scored a NOS President and an Aristocrat, (both now in Australia) but this, I believe, is my luckiest score ever.
    IMG_6370.jpg IMG_6372.jpg IMG_6375.jpg IMG_6371.jpg IMG_6377.jpg IMG_6376.jpg IMG_6379.jpg IMG_6373.jpg IMG_6380.jpg IMG_6378.jpg IMG_6374.jpg IMG_6382.jpg IMG_6387.jpg IMG_6381.jpg IMG_6384.jpg IMG_6383.jpg IMG_6388.jpg IMG_6390.jpg IMG_6386.jpg IMG_6389.jpg IMG_6391.jpg

Attached Files:

brit, kfbrady, Enrico and 4 others like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow! That's some luck!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

8. Primotenore

Article Team
    No kidding! I got this for over 40% under the asking price. Could've saved another 15% with that ebay coupon, but I didn't see it until I had already paid for this razor. :angry032:

Norcalnewb and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Beautiful, Joseph!

Linuxguile likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thanks Jim.

Norcalnewb and Linuxguile like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

pic02.jpg pic01.jpg
    41 Ranger Tech
    Picked this one up in a lot. It was really rough prior to cleaning. You don't find too many of these in wild these days.

Primotenore likes this.