RANT: Sales Tax and Post Office Closures SUCK!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Michael_W, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

So yeah, ever since my desktop computer died in March and I had to go to using my dying ancient laptop full time, I've been saving up to get myself a replacement system. Found a MSI Creator 17 laptop on NewEgg with specs that are perfect for my photo and video editing, not to mention streaming for my YouTube channel. When I got paid a couple weeks ago, I thought I had enough to finally order it.

But NO, I ran into freakin' SALES TAX, a couple hundred more than what I had in my bank account. Time was not on my side. The longer it took to save the money, the higher the chance the laptop would be sold before I could get it, and that is EXACTLY what happened. So now I have to start over trying to find a site where it's not sold out, hope whatever custom build I find isn't sold out by the time I get my next paycheck, and even if it's not, face the unpleasant reality that I have to start all over saving money for other things I need for my small business (I'm a freelance photographer and videographer). Naturally, I was denied an emergency small business loan because of my credit rating.

Oh, and even though I managed to get hold of someone through here who had a legal copy of Adobe CS6 Master Collection, paid for it, it's still held up at the local post office because of the lockdown and if I want to get it sooner rather than later, I have to shell out another hundred dollars because the seller has to drive 2½ hours to his post office to arrange for faster delivery AND it would require me to sign for it and I return to work next week so nobody'd be here to sign for it.

So yeah, there's my epic rant to the wind. Just venting.

2. Michael_W

Addendum: Still no shipping of the Adobe CS6 Master Collection I purchased. Last I heard it was supposed to be shipped out on Monday, but I've yet heard nothing back. Six hundred dollars total plopped down for that.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Patients is a virtue, sometimes inconvenience hides luck. Sometimes factors work out to your benefit, even if they seem unfair or unjust. Maybe a better deal on a device better suited to you will become available, and the factors that worked against you, actually helped you dodge a bullet, by getting stuck with a machine you determined to be excessively priced and taxed.
    Sometimes shit happens, Crap is expensive, and everyone wants their pound of flesh.
    I prefer the former attitude. To calmly accept that what’s meant to be will work to your good.
    It’s much better than the latter stance of shit sucks then you die, and don’t forget the estate taxes.
    So my friend, partake of virtue, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    And finally Sheldon claims a hot beverage helps.

Michael_W likes this.
  4. Michael_W

Aaaand now one of my fillings broke apart and I have no dental insurance to get it taken care of. Bit of a bad month or two, isn't it?

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

If it weren't for bad luck, @Michael_W , you would have no luck at all. So it seems.
    Pray about it, earnestly, whenever you think about it, and good things should start happening. Never failed for me, and others close to me.

6. Michael_W

Yeah. I don't like to seem like I'm whining, because I know how much worse others have it, but sometimes one just has to vent.