Rapira Blades Now Dirt Cheap!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Bobcat, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The Ruble has dropped like a rock. We can get the Rapira blades from Russia on ebay very cheap right now.

I just ordered 100 Platinum Lux for $5.00+$5.00 shipping.
    I also stocked up on Swedish Supersteel's.

If you have not tried either of these, now is the time. They are great blades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I bought 100 of the Rapira Swedish SuperSteel last week. Great price!

Bobcat likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    These ones?

How many shaves do you guys get from these?

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep, but I used a different vendor. I have used unuta77 before, and he is a good vendor too.

I can easily get 5 shaves from each.

figment714 likes this.
  5. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I picked up 2 x 100 Voskhods from unuta77 last week for a total of $16.80 shipped. He seems to be a good vendor. I received a shipping confirmation within 2 days of ordering. The price of $5 per 100 was just too good to pass up.

- Don

RaZorBurn123 and Bobcat like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Off of the better Rapira's (Lux and Swedish Supersteel) I can get about 5 shaves on both head and face two passes each. They are nice and sharp. These are some of the best modern DE blades made today.

Bobcat likes this.
  7. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I saw this thread and checked it out. The seller also has a nice sample pack of 6 types/20 each of (Sputnik, Ladas, Voskhod, & Rapira SS, Swedes & Platinum's) for $5 plus $6.80 shipping! I grabbed one as blades don't count (too me) in my no buy until July commitment.

8. ed.britt

ed.britt New Member

I'm a big fan of Astra SPs, also made on Russia. Which of these are similar in performance to Astra SP?

9. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I too like and use the Astra SP's (Astra SS's too). However, I've never tried any of the 6 varieties in the sample pack but have always wanted too. I've read mostly positive reviews on all these blades and the price, variety and quantity made the deal too good to pass up. I figure 20 each of 6 well known Russia blades at less than $0.010 a blade is worth it.

10. macintoshBR

macintoshBR Active Member

How do you compare the Rapira's blades with Polsilver's?

11. Steinbeckian

Steinbeckian Active Member

I just picked up a 100 blade sampler from the aforementioned seller for $10.70. Both Rapiras, Voskhod, Sputnik, and Ladas. For the price, you can't go far wrong.

12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Bob,
    Thanks for the tip. I ordered 100 for $10 delivered. At that price I can wait for delivery.

Bobcat likes this.
  13. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great info! How do you know when it's time to switch blades out? Yes I'm new to de wet shaving :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. 782sirbrian

782sirbrian Well-Known Member

Generally when the blade feels to be dull and starts tugging. I change blades every 3 shaves always, unless the blade's performance drops off earlier.
    Everyone's different so do what you feel happy with. This post gives the price of blades so no point using a dull blade at these prices ;)

GDCarrington and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Thats so cheap! Approximately 300shaves for 10 $. Compare that to fusion cartridges haha

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:

GDCarrington and Bobcat like this.
  17. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

How often do you shave?

Since I am retired, I do not shave every day—just whenever the mood strikes me. Of late, I am shaving about every third day, or twice a week, because I enjoy whipping up that Tabac soap, the scent is sooooo glorious. At that rate, though, I am changing blades about once a month, or every 7 - 8 comfortable shaves.

Because it would take me two years or more to use up 100 blades, I opted to buy only 50 blades from this seller.

Tdmsu, Slow Joe and Bobcat like this.
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I shave every morning. I love Tabac too! I think you will like the blades.

Bob

Slow Joe and Luziana_Geezer like this.
  19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Thanks to Bob for starting the thread and JoAnna for the link. I have always wanted to try some of these Russian blades, so I just bought 100 for $4.20. which is only 25 danish kroners . (1 pack of 5 wilkinson sword blades cost 20 kroners ).
    Got a pack with Vokshod, ladas, 2 types if Rapira and Sputnik.
    If I don't like them then at least I have something for the march pifs.

theFAT98, Omelmad and Bobcat like this.
  20. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

Just got the same hook up as everyone else on the Rapiras plus I threw in a sampler pack.

Bobcat likes this.